Thread: [Mids] Longer Mirage
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 02:14 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,146 Times in 1,580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanC View Post
I have a Patrol from the Trilogy Challenge and it is pretty flippy for me. Much more flippy than a Comet, which is the only one from your above list I can compare against. It is also more flippy than a fresh DX Stingray. A fresh stingray will turn quite a bit and then fade back a little at the end when thrown flat at ~60-70% power. My Patrol stays turned over with a higher chance to cut-roll at the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
The Patrol is on the list to try, although I suspect it's too similar to the Warrant, which I did not find remarkable in flight or handfeel - that is to say, it felt like crap in my hand even after taking the sanding block to the offending extra plastic.
A guy on my home course had a Trilogy Challenge Patrol and he loved it. He said it held anny lines very well and had good glide. What he didn't know was that I had a Patrol on order at that moment.

My Patrol came in (stock stamp) and I really love it as a turnover disc. it holds anhyzer lines really well. When I don't throw it with more than 60% power -OR- if I throw a high anny, my fresh Patrol would flex back (i.e. fade) just a little bit, but it's starting to lose that with more usage and wearing in. I got a second Patrol (trilogy challenge stamp) and it's just like the stock stamp Patrol.

So my understable 'longer Mirage' is solved, and it is the Patrol.