Old 05-15-2019, 09:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 286
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 196 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discgolfer25 View Post
I honestly couldn't disagree more. The best way to get better is by having practice discs? Come on. Give Paul McBeth an allotment of 30 discs for the whole season and he's still the best player in the world. I'm willing to bet there is zero correlation between number of discs owned and skill level once you get past 10 or so discs.
You compared Paul McBeth to a beginning player and how they get better? knowing what your disc does is the most important thing. Throwing 1 disc then walking 300 ft, repeat, to see how that mold flys is ridiculous. Also you did the lazy thing of picking one piece and saying you couldnt disagree more...which means that you think having multiples of discs can in no way shape or form, ever make you better. Just remember to let people play through when you are noob annying your Ape or Groove that you bought because the flight numbers looked right.

"I'm willing to bet there is zero correlation between number of discs owned and skill level once you get past 10 or so discs."

# of discs doesnt correlate to practice. # of practice discs correlates to practice. If you have never gone to a field or a specific shaped hole and thrown 5-6 of the same disc to practice lines, muscle memory, and shot shaping, you are leaving a whole bunch of shots on the table when you play.

Anyone who thinks Paul doesnt take a stack of 10 of the same disc or 15 putters and just practices throwing the same shot over and over is loony.

Do you also disagree that payout is a great way for smaller companies to trial their discs?

Niced: (2)