Old 08-18-2019, 09:13 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 161 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
Nor is there a system for TDs to check the gender of non-members.

For that matter, when players sign up for their initial membership, there is no proof of age or gender required. A parent could shave a couple of years off their junior player, or an adult could add a few years for future, premature movement to older divisions.
Amen.

I have been advocating for this for a few years now, starting with when I still was a Board member in 2015-17. I'd love for that to be implied ASAP, but I realise the world isn't ready for that yet. In Europe, though, most sports already work this way. In order to be a member, your proof of ID is required.

To date, everything the PDGA does with regards to membership, is self-identification, and unverified, at that.
Explicitly the only thing that is NOT done that way, and is actively enforced, and monitored, is gender-reclassification.
The only PDGA members who submitted any proof of ID, are transgender players who requested gender reclassification, and me being the first in that line.
None of the other regular members have submitted their ID copy.

I can't remember, but I think I volunteered, despite not being asked to, my pass copy when I was installed as a Board member.
I'd assume that staff DID supply proof of ID. Otherwise there'd be no way to file taxes, etc.

Last edited by gingerandhoney; 08-18-2019 at 09:18 AM.