View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 12:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 56
Niced 53 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrhouck View Post
"Considerable" describes it pretty well. Every inch of every fairway got 6-8" of sand. But none of it was mounding or anything like that -- not this time.

Undulations on the fairway probably have more of an impact in ball golf, since it's more of a ground-based game. But I do think we'll start seeing more earth-moving in the future.

As for par 72, I'm not sure we want courses with only four par threes. Or sport is deeply rooted in par threes, and we have the ability to make so many more interesting par threes. And we can still make good par threes where a driver is a good choice off the tee, which doesn't happen in ball golf.

I think the fewest I've ever done on one course was seven par threes, and I didn't have any desire to go lower than that, even when I could have. FWIW.
The fact that we can make more interesting par threes (I guess you mean more interesting than ball golf) isn't an argument for more pars 3s. We can make more interesting par 4s and 5s as well. The same logic should apply to them.

Niced: (2)