View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 11:56 AM

Years Playing: 2.3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is isn't a horror story but had the potential to be one. Just the other day four of us were playing a round on a course located on a state park. Most of the course is deep in the woods. The park is located within a large state forestry which I found out allows people to hunt on. As we were playing we can hear dogs in the distant barking and eventually a gun shot. Later in the round we started to hear the barking getting closer. All of a sudden a deer comes bolting in front of us. A few seconds later a gaggle of about 10 dogs came behind us in hot pursuit. We finished that hole and moved to the next hole and all of a sudden the deer bolts across the fairway with the dogs again in hot pursuit. After the 2nd of our group tee'd off we hear a bunch a commotion and here comes the deer again. This time the 10 dogs are running in 10 different directions and were running right through our group. Pure chaos! We thought we saw some of the hunters in the distant. I hope the hunters knew there was a disc golf course in the area where the dogs were running. I can see that being potentially a really bad situation if they weren't. I might consider not playing that course again during hunting season!