Old 08-16-2013, 02:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.5
Courses Played: 383
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shive View Post
I made my decision shortly after the second Conflict of Interest debacle in July and could have resigned then. Why didn’t I? Because I expected (and hoped) to lose the election, and could thus have avoided the resignation flap altogether. It was worth the gamble. The fallout would have been just as bad if I had resigned in mid-July because you can’t reboot an election after people have started voting.
I want to buy this....but I don't because what you are essentially saying is that one event (debacle) made you change your mind. I am speculating that you are probably thinking/meaning that this debacle was "the straw that broke the camel's back"....since there have been previous debacles (per your post).

If this is the case, then you knew the lay of the land well before throwing your name in the ring and had to be strongly inclined already to have this attitude of how you couldn't rightfully serve on the BoD. So, you should have withdrawn your name earlier (or not even run).

If this was not the case (straw that broke....), then you should be rising above one debacle for the greater good of those who elected you. You signed up for that possibility when you decided to run.

My opinion only.