View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 08:42 PM
Par Member

Niced 54 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funguy View Post
For me, Fission is both the most frustrating and best plastic that MVP puts out. Of all the molds they use it in, the Volt is the most consistent. Almost all of the Fission Volts that I have thrown and seen have been pretty flat with little to no shoulder. They also have a higher PLH compared to all runs of Neutron Volts. They also make it in most restrictive weight range compared to Teslas and Photons that can go all the way down to the mid-130s. The Fission plastic on the Volts is also much firmer compared to other Fission plastics. I have some Telsas and Photons that are super gummy compared to some Fission Volts that are hard as rocks.

In terms of flight, I find the Fission Volts to be more OS than even my 170g Proton Volts that had been the most OS I had thrown up to that point. FOR ME, (yes AIM I am sure you will have some grainy video of you throwing some Volts), I would rank the stability of Volts in plastics as such: from most OS to least Fission Volt, Eclipse Volt, Proton Volt, Neutron Volt, Plasma Volt Electron Volt, FR Neutron Volt. Now this is when they are new, Fission does beat in quicker than most other plastics, however, the stiffness of the Fission in the Volt mold makes them retain that for much longer than I have found in Teslas or Photons that can loose it very quickly (I warrant that to the stiffness of the plastic). That being said, they season to fill in OS spot along with the Proton Volts but still a tick more OS compared to Neutron. I do have to say that the grip of Fission is amazing, even when they are wet.

On the downside, Fission can deform. I have not found that with any of the Volts I have thrown and had tree hits with. I have seen Teslas and Photons that have bubbly flight plates but not so with Volts yet.
I have found Neutron and Eclipse to be much more stable than Fission Volts, which go dead straight -- or even turn a bit -- with a small but reliable fade.