Old 08-24-2019, 01:02 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 759 Times in 650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by takman View Post
Jeez I hope not. I love the diversity of course types and pars and challenge that this sport offers, it's why I don't play 'ball golf' anymore, monotony. I wish there were more longer par 54 courses with crazy tough holes. Todays top pros eat up the par 4s and 5s because most take the challenge off of the tee shot. I think disc golf should make every effort to NOT standardize or follow ball golf......except the money of course.
Traditional Golf can have Variety just that Majority of USA Courses tend to be the boring style that does not allow for as much variety. The Links style courses and the old no longer made this way hill style from United Kingdom have much more verity to the holes using the natural layout of the land as a challenge to contrast the modern flattened out land style golf course or the flat piece of land course. In fact near me 20 miles away there is a 9 hole links course that is tough due to using the natural layout of the land, native grasses to the region or grasses that could survive the area much better without watering in my area.

Disc Golf on the other hand does not need flattened land to make a course or even the grass changed to play the sport, why it is more common to see Disc Golf courses is that for $2,000 with mid priced Championship baskets the course can be made more of them then there are traditional golf places that need the money and land to make a great course.

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Casey 1988; 08-24-2019 at 01:05 PM.