Old 08-24-2019, 02:33 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 168
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,237 Times in 1,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putt for D'oh View Post
A topic, maybe a bit related?, I considered asking here has to do with earth moving and terra forming for a disc golf course as is done in ball golf.

From a money standpoint I don't see it being practical in disc golf but wonder about the possibilities.

In disc golf we are still very limited to the land as we find it. Some tree clearing or maybe a bit of building up a hill or flatting some ground, but think about ball golf where some of these championship courses are created by completely changing the land itself. Many use natural elements, but then there can still be a lot of work moving creeks, adjusting slopes, bringing in or moving large mature trees. I would love to see what the big name famous course designers could do for disc golf with Par 72 and unlimited construction budget could create.

I think in the mean time pushing much beyond what we currently see would be hard.
I think they did some serious earth moving for this course in Europe (Tampere Disc Golf Center):

On the subject, I think Disc golf should logically evolve into being the best Disc Golf it can be, not necessarily into mimicking ball golf as closely as possible. One must meditate upon the essence of Disc Golf to find these answers.

Niced: (2)