Old 08-27-2019, 12:28 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 327
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 267 Times in 137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
Just in the top 10? Granted since the Grapevine course was pulled, it's good to have another course in the area, but I was hoping it would be an elite professional course providing something we didn't have in the area. (Pause to read the reviews here..) Too bad it's a short course, the longest holes are only about 420. Sounds like a good course to challenge the local scene, but it's not going to attract the big tournaments to the area. With Turner Park going away, I was hoping this course would fill that void.

it definitely is a short course but it is also moderately to heavily wooded. i don't have more than 350 at best so it's an appropriate challenge for me. but yeah, not going to attract a national attendance or audience.

the two 423' holes, which are back to back, are the most open on the course. the first has a gap to hit about 120-150' out... but the birdie play is really a huge hyzer or flex over that and across the field to the pin. the second is totally open but does have a culvert and sloping ground in the center of the fairway to avoid. neither are particularly interesting holes.

1 & 17 are long, straight, fairly tight tunnels. at 351' and 384' each, they're more like white/blue tweeners but definitely not gold level. 11-13 and to a lesser degree 2-3 are the really tight, shorter holes that are more like blue-gold level birdies. the rest of the holes are easy birdies for blue and gold level but there is a lot of sloping ground where you could have some bad luck. the par 4s are really soft.

i haven't made my second visit yet but i'm fairly sure i'll be revising my rating down a 1/2 by the time i do. it's not a better course than Trophy Club or Towne Lake, just looking at the north side. it's not better than Z-Boaz, Turner, or Harry Myers. personally i think Vets is overrated so i won't make a comparison there. it is in the 3 most wooded courses in DFW probably. it does offer a character that is not so common around here, closest to Towne Lake or Coyote i guess?

Niced: (1)

Last edited by dreadlock86; 08-27-2019 at 12:33 AM.