Old 09-11-2017, 10:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 269
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 49 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgraham602 View Post
I'm fairly new to disc golf and wanted to get the opinion of some other players. This morning I was playing on my local course, which is an extremely tight wooded course . It doesn't appear to be very popular, as the past month that have been playing it (every weekend) I haven't seen anybody else on the course. This morning, however, there were a few people out... the only thing is that they weren't playing disc golf. They were instead walking or running on the course in the opposite direction . Luckily I was in between shots when I encountered each person, but I wasn't sure if I was out of line to tell people that they shouldn't be running/walking on the course? I've got to imagine that a disc to the head could do some damage. I decided not to say anything as I was playing alone and wasn't in a rush. A few people stopped to ask how my round was going and were very polite.

What is the protocol here? The course is in a park that has a lot of running trails and paved bike paths. Is it common for people to use a disc golf courses for running and walking??
You mean taxpayers? Try to find private courses to play as they are usually non crowded and better designs with par 4s and par 5s. Dependent on where you live or willing to relocate, you can also buy inexpensive wooded or open land in inland SC and NC to set up a much better course most likely.

Niced: (1)