Thread: [MVP] New mid Vertex?
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 10:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 68 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouni View Post
I have played couple more rounds with Tangent and it definitely dropped Vertex out of the bag (and the use of Electron Atom as well). It does fly pretty far with a smooth throw with minimal fade. Probably not very good with wind but neither is Vertex I guess. Very puttery (!) feel as well, but doesn't need much spin to fly effortlessly BH and FH in short approaches. I do like the feel of Vertex in the hand as well, and I probably could get that to work out as well, but I think I have more uses for Tangent and rather not bag that many mids.
The Tangent is much more viable as a primary mid, where the Vertex is much more of a specialty disc. It fills the role of a beat putter-class driver, but with more glide and heavier weights because it is larger diameter. Vertex is shorter than Tangent for me, and needs more height to work similar distances.

I've been testing out my Vertex pretty heavily on a variety of shots.

Highlights: Uniquely suited for finishing on an anhyzer angle without catching an edge and rolling...Whether powering a hyzer release to stand up and finish anny, throwing flat to immediate turn, or throwing with anny for a short and tight turn the disc almost always skids flat at the end of flight. It makes annies with the Vertex almot like hyzers in terms of predictability. It's also great for standstill shots to get good glide and work lines on a small scale.

Limitations: With 300' of power the Vertex is a flip monster. It takes height, skill, and positive wind conditions to have success with the Vertex past 300'. It is a bit touchy trying to dial in when exactly you want the Vertex to turn...It is a disc that doesn't exactly fill the role of any other disc, so it may not be as immediately intuitive as discs like an Axis/Vector.

Niced: (2)