Old 06-12-2019, 12:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.5
Courses Played: 152
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 580 Times in 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
Then 18 he goes Max instead of a mid that lands him forty-ish and he LAYS-UP?? Ok - hard to argue it since it worked but can that putt and it's over.

Seppo on 18 had to know he wasn't finishing third -- right? No way you can excuse being that low/short at that moment. It's moot unless it's in and no low/short putts ever go in. Horrible putt at that moment. Of course KJUSA is going to comment that it was a good run, I would have too if that was my best friend that just gacked -- but it was a gack. Please don't read this paragraph and think I have anything against Seppo, seems like a great guy and obviously a great player that will win many big events.
It may be a bit hard to tell on video, but that green slopes away from the basket at least 35 feet. I was there and it felt to me that Eagle wanted to insure his 3, not risk a roll-away for 4, and try to win in a playoff. I was planning my playoff spectating strategy myself because I fully expected Seppo to make that putt, he was only inches outside circle one. I'm sure Eagle expected him to hit that putt, too.