Old 09-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 168
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,280 Times in 1,064 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzSharpe View Post
Dave! Appreciate the input and insights. Was hoping that it might qualify for at least your average rating. Yeah number 8 is a bear. It was SO grand when I first surveyed and stepped it off. And when the city bush hog finally came, it just didn't do what I had hoped it would. Any chance you might be able to help me get a work party together to return the hillside to what I first saw and intended, thus maybe helping making it the destination course I had thought and still think that it might be?
Buzz
Yeah, get 8 squared away, along with some usual tweaks, and you'll see my rating grow. You got the standard, "new course rating that isn't a finished product rating." When are you thinking about tackling the rough on 8? I don't have many peeps in the area but I can pop in with some handtools, maybe a weedwacker.

I have a couple of questions: Is every light pole on holes 3 and 4 supposed to be mandos? Looked like the "M"'s were peeling off on a few. Is the mow line separating the ballfield's short grass and the standard park grass an OB line? Are you going to lop some limbs on hole 2 to improve the ceiling on that hole? As it is, you either need an absolute cannon or a driver to reach the basket from just about either tee. Just curious if that's by design or what.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious EJ View Post
All the tees are in! I spent a long time helping haul cement in a wheelbarrow to set the third tee today. Thankfully, "Shaggy," and the entity known as "N," whom I don't recall helping at all, came by to make their mark and step and crap all over it. Thanks fellas.
I left after around 2 pm I think so it must have been done later. That's so lame. On the bright side, y'all did a really good job with those tees, nice and smooth. The only one that irks me is hole 13's long tee b/c it's sloped from left to right. The tees on 16 and 17 are a bit narrow for long legged x-steppers like me but I've played Cedarock, I can deal with it.