Thread: [Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 09:25 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 158 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
There are plenty of straight-winged Destroyers out there (L-wing if you will). GStars are mostly like that (although not all). I've seen Pros that were like that too (although they don't seem as consistent as GStars). I'd had several lighter Stars (low to mid 160's) like that. The first run of Philo Swirly Star Destroyers all had straight wings although the more recent Philos seem to be mostly concave. I think they even called out that the first run of Philos had been made to be slightly less stable for him if memory serves. They were all in the upper 160's too.

I don't think Innova has ever called anything a "Destroyer-L" though. The closest they've come to acknowledging the variant that I can recall is that description of the first run Philos.
Agreed on the Philos. I have 2 swirly 2017s and one 2018. The 2017s are straight winged, ~167g. They fly great, just a tick OS from neutral for me. The 2018 is convex and is an absolute meathook. I do have an ace on it though . I'd love to see some more Philos this year in the same vein as those 2017s.

I also agree that I don't think they're separate mold pieces, rather just cooling variations in different plastic blends.