View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 01:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 146
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 397 Times in 174 Posts

Man, this thread needs some new blood and a new dream to start....

Had a heck of a good turnout for a couple open play days this past weekend. Somewhere around 70-80 folks showed up. I've got the course looking as good as it ever has, but still have some odds and ends I'd like to get cleaned up in the next month or so. We had a burn ban here for a few weeks after we had about a month and a half without rain so some brush piles had to sit.

I whipped up some tee signs on the cheap prior to the open days in order to help get folks around the course. $25 bucks of Coroplast (Amazon: 10 sheets 18x24 cut in half to give 20 12x18 sheets), $15 for some color Sharpies (Meijer), and $15 worth of garden stakes (Home Depot).

I had a handful of comments from folks who seemed to enjoy the homespun nature of them, though a few asked if my 4 and 5 year old daughters helped, not sure how to take that. I doubt I'll bother with permanent signs any time soon considering their costs and my propensity to want to tweak things. I can put one of these together (many of them simply based off memory) in about 10 minutes each.

In any case, I'll only put these out during times when I know we're gonna have a decent number of folks rolling through (Open days, tourneys, etc.).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HRDGC Tee signs.jpg (153.5 KB, 23 views)