View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 09:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.6
Courses Played: 125
Niced 3,590 Times in 1,554 Posts

I'm not sure it's worth the effort to require proof of ID for membership---especially since that gets into data security issues. It's just disc golf tournaments, after all. Perhaps it will become worth the effort at top levels, as more money is involved. A lot is taken on faith.

Yours is a rare and extraordinary circumstance; I'm not sure if it can be equated with any other situations. Nobody's re-classifying their age; though I wonder if someone claimed that the age they initially gave was in error, and requested a change that would benefit them competitively, would the PDGA ask for documentation? The only other reclassification I can think of is pro-to-amateur; it does require submission and approval, but the PDGA has documentation already, in tournament results. Perhaps if a pro claimed that, due to injuries or illness, he or she should be an amateur, the PDGA might require something?

Also, like everything else taken on good faith, a trans-female who initially obtained a membership as a female, might never have to prove anything. The question might never arise.

Niced: (1)