Thread: [Latitude] Lat64 Fuse
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 18
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was finally able to test my 178g Opto Fuse today, comparing it to ESP and Z Buzzzes, which are the only mid that I use. I start my warmup prior to playing a round by doing about 10x 100' upshots to one of the baskets. I'll use my putters, and the Buzzzes that I carry for the shot, just to get my forearm and grip warm. I'll usually hyser in the first couple shots, and then strait to the basket for the rest.

The Fuse was the first disc I chose to throw, which of course I threw as a hyser shot. Usually I'll release the Buzzz fairly flat with a little height, and to the right of the basket and allow the fade to carry the disc in to the intended target. The Fuse didn't do what I expected.... not even close. It just continued to travel straight, and then it continued further, until it was about 35-40' past and to the right of the basket, on the exact line that I had released it on.

This disc honestly does hold whatever line you release it on, and has hardly any fade at the end of the flight. I also tried the Fuse out on a 350' anny drive, which landed approximately 20' shy of the basket. Due to the Fuse's great glide, a large amount of power is not needed to produce decent distance. It really is a great midrange disc, and I'm looking forward to learning it's intricacies further in the future.