Old 03-05-2015, 03:43 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 47 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
The Samurai is one of the absolute longest flying distance drivers for medium low power players. When I first started playing I fell in love with them as I could hyzer flip them and they finished with a reliable fade. Now that I've developed some power they are harder to predict but if you hit them right....LOOK OUT BELOW.... they're gone.

I'd say this disc is one of those classic molds that get lost in the shuffle of Gateway but really deserves a look. I believe at one point it was deemed the "longest disc" but some flight chart service. Not sure how that is quantifiable but I remember the guys at the GDS shop being pretty excited about it edging out the big name drivers.
Pretty sure Stokely's new driver Train Wreck is a variation of this as well, who knows maybe it will find more love under the new moniker, I think because Slayer and Samurai were released close together and fly fairly similar it fell behind the more well known one, sort of like the way the Viking got overlooked for the Valkyrie.