Old 05-11-2017, 03:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 95 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Those numbers sound about right, my P was a bit more OS with the Octane as far as max weights go. My Metal Flake is very straight.

The Mayhem was described as a beat in Octane, and IMO for that to be true it'd have to be a Proton Octane I think the Mayhem has a bit less turn than a Neutron Octane but a little more than a Proton, but it doesn't really feel any flippier when I throw it. I'm not second guessing hyzer angles or worrying its going to turn too much, just ripping it.

I think the differences between the two are a little more nuanced than that. I think to a degree, a Mayhem VS Proton Octane is like Eagle vs TB. Obviously an Octane shows a little more turn than a Teebird but the overall flight path they take for me on a 500' shot is straighter than the Mayhem, which has more turn and similar fade. I did some field throws with 168g Eclipse Octanes during that session with the Mayhems....maybe I can do an edit comparing them back to back.

Based on the description I was expecting something a bit more understable. Though I haven't thrown them side by side with Neutron Octanes yet....managed to lose mine before I got these Mayhems.
This almost sounds like the Crave/Servo relationship, but sort of flipped, where the MVP Octane is like the Crave in the scenario, and the Mayhem is sort of like the Servo?