View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 03:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 45
Niced 20 Times in 12 Posts

Ira Twp course hits a snag...

Email from Ira Twp Parks Dept.

I am sorry Donny, but we have hit a snag in construction. Holes 3-6 go through the “rough” wooded area and we are unable to remove the Thorn Apple trees that are in the way. We have the holes & support poles cemented in and the baskets are done, but we are having BIG landscaping issues.

Parks & Rec found a volunteer to brush hog a 6’ swatch where the course is to go, but there are still 1-4” small tree daggers sticking out of the ground that pose a trip hazard.

We are looking into finding a volunteer that has some type of industrial rototiller/ground churning equipment that would be willing to come in & churn up the pathway. We could wood chip a 4” layer down, we have a ton of free wood chips, but that will take a lot of man hours.

If we bull doze, we are left with a pile of trees with roots & dirt attached, and that can’t be burnt.

If you have any suggestions, I would gratefully accept them. We are always looking for help, thank you.

Lynn Zyrowski
Ira Twp. Park & Recreation Director
7085 Meldrum Rd.
Fair Haven, MI 48023
586-339-3956

Dang, I'm still trying to work on our private course's completion along with finalizing a course proposal for a park down the road. I'll have to check it out but it's still at least 25 min from my house.

Anyone in that area looking for a volunteer opportunity? PM me if interested.