Old 05-21-2015, 11:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,720 Times in 1,544 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivey311 View Post
From the tee box the basket is 300 ft with a creek right before you reach the basket.

The basket is placed right at the far edge of the creek bed. The creek base from the top is about 5-6 feet down. I make a drive landing on the close side of the creek incline. (About 3 feet down, dry)

Am I allowed to take relief and put my mark on the level ground behind the incline? Or do I have to balance myself on a steep incline of the creek bed?

Here's a side view diagram:
basket...grass...far side creek incline....water....close side creek incline...grass....tee pad.
Only if the TD declares the entire creek bed to be a casual relief area. Otherwise you have to take your stance on the dry (which is not one of the default rule book provided casual relief obstacles) slope of the creek bed as best you can. If you want relief from it, you have to take a penalty to do so.

UNLESS the slope is steep enough that you can take a stance at the bottom of the slope and still be within 30cm of the mark (measured straight out, not along the slope).

Last edited by JC17393; 05-21-2015 at 11:20 PM.