View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 11:08 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

GE! Thanks for responding. I owe you some context. I'm 46. I played soccer in high school as a center mid that refused to play defense or head the ball. I played men's league and intramurals in college and stopped playing when I was 28 (mostly forward.) At 40 I started playing after 12 years off and suspended my disc golf "career" to keep peace with the lady. I was reasonably successful adult league player as the worlds slowest, defensively responsible, winger. Being able to cross with both feet seems to be a rare skill. Who knew?

This summer I started throwing a little and went to a couple weeklies. I was told I should be able to run in about a year and play soccer in 18 months to be safe. I don't know if I'm going to go back though.

I have always really enjoyed disc golf and since there is no running, I might be able to play much sooner at a competitive level. I need the competition. I've played sports at some level my entire life and not playing something is killing my soul.

I love that you included the formation of your teams! My men's team plays a 352. We have tried other setups, but no matter where we stand at the beginning of the game and what we say we are going to play, it winds up the same after 12 minutes.