View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 03:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,081 Times in 1,308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjacko View Post
I know I have the low spot reach back issue, and I'm hoping it'll work itself out as I figure out the posture/balance issue, but I'm not really sure what you mean by before I start unfolding? Watching pro's it seams like elbow height can be quite variant.
Balance and posture are your main issues along with your elbow hanging straight down next to your hip mid backswing/before your elbow unfolds/extends, so your elbow is massively changing height relative to your shoulders and the action is not being mirrored back and forth. Your weight should not pendulum, your arm/disc should be doing the pendulum. Your weight needs to be contained/braced and cleared inside your posture to leverage the arm swing pendulum like a trebuchet.

Yellow vertical line is your nose/balance, note how Simon and Steve's nose is critically more forward balanced/centered/stacked as the feet separate and plant. Also note how their elbow is out away from the body and hip mid backswing and their shoulder/center of gravity drops down/loads onto plane to the elbow/disc like in Door Frame Drill part 2 and the arm is still relaxed but taut with the body loaded.

Niced: (1)