View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 11:42 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 209 Times in 144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Iím not sure what the question is with front cheek here, fix rear cheek first.
I think I'm starting to figure out what I can't quite articulate. The pressure of the weight coming down on the heel sends everything backward/right of teepad. I can kind of feel it if I think of stomping timed with my hip rotation. It's subtle, but feels great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Watch SC Hogan Power Move where he talks about amazing leverage from rear leg and not spinning by letting the rear side fall over.
Would you say this forward move/the move, and hershyzer are all about hip rotation/loading into the backswing? When I start thinking of it this way I generating a lot more power in my throws. I threw my tee-bird 406' and Thunderbird 426' laser measured on flat ground with a steady tail wind yesterday. With the loading on the rearside, and clearing of the front side, it feels like I'm throwing in my fallow through or I've rotated further before I release (I have no clue if that makes any sense.) Still major posture issues, and I can't seem to calm down the super elongated run up I do when I'm not restricted to my 10x10 room. I keep throwing myself out of balance at the x-step, and tipping over the top because of it.

One thing I notice while trying to load/get the rear hip pointing more toward the target, is I'm getting more flat footed on the rear foot. I think once I'm able to abbreviate the x-step in balance, it'll be easier to stay on my toes.