View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 10:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 179
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Last I heard they were waiting on the money for phase 2 of the master plan to be released. Also the course on the master plan is just a mock up of where Site Solutions thought the course should go, not what an actual designer might lay out. (There was a thread about this a while back that Adam Caudel posted)

The design can go 2 ways here;
They decide to get the first hack who comes along to layout the course, for free.
or
They let the architect firm they use located in Charlotte (Site Solutions?) to contract out who will do the design, probably Innova and since Parks are notorious for being cheap, probably Russell.

Bonus Comedy option;
I can try and get ahold of the powers that be with Greensboro Parks and Rec and put a bug in their ear that I'd be willing to do the layout, for a nominal fee of course. Of the 2 course projects I had open, one just went in the ground and the other is waiting till sometime this month to see if we got the grant money. I've got a 3rd in the works but I may wait till the fall to work on that layout.
I've walked the Keeley property extensively already over the last few years while waiting and have a good Idea what is out there.