Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,467 Times in 1,148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemkey View Post
Ace 500' holes (obviously).
Champ Groove it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disco40 View Post
On the subject of wide rims and being a noob, is there such an animal as a wider-rimmed but slow disc? Something with, say, the speed of a Buzzz but the rim width of a TL or Teebird3? Say you were able to take some weight out of the rim. Would that just be an aerodynamic fail or could that potentially work? I suppose if that were possible it would already exist and be popular, but I'd like to know from somebody who knows this sort of thing.
There's not really a reason to do that. Wider rim = more mass in the rim = more gyroscopic. (Except for the overmold discs) the only way to put more mass in the rim is to make them wider which also makes them faster b/c the wing is getting bigger. So to make a wide rimmed disc fly slower you'd have to do something to add drag to the disc, like a bead or a groove top or something weirder. You could make the flight plate thicker but that hurts the gyroscopic property and would make it fly more like a beach frisbee.

I'm talking extremes here though. There are a few hybrid types where the rim blurs the line between midrange and fairway driver. The Squall and Stalker are both Buzzz-esque fliers with more driver-like rims. The Kastaplast Kaxe is another unique hybrid that people like.

Niced: (2)