Old 08-07-2017, 09:44 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 166
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm35126 View Post
I got an innova cobra dx midrange and I did not like it. It was 172 or 174 and I blamed it on the weight. So I got an innova skeeter dx midrange, its only 150 and I like it even less. It seems to curve sooner than my rubber discs. And worse than the cobra did. I ordered from Walmart.com and you cant really choose your weight, they lump them all together from 150-164 so you don't know what you will get in that range. And I read that you want to stick with lightweights as a newbie. The franklins are 160, 160 and 167.

I had someone give me a discraft buzz 1.71 driver that someone lost and I don't do any better with it than I do my franklins.
I need to take it out of my bag because I don't use it.

I figure I will give it another month or so and then maybe look to buy a driver of some sort. I don't see the need to throw a ton of money at discs because I'm sure my game needs lots of improvement as it is.

Should I keep the skeeter or return it for a heavier one ? Ive read good things about it but for me, its clearly inferior to the Franklins and the Cobra I tried before it. And I thought the Cobra might have been too heavy at 174.
Skeeters are very understable, they're designed to be. A DX 150g Skeeter is basically the most understable Skeeter you can get. The Buzzz is one of the most popular discs in the game, for a reason. It's a fantastic mid range. The Cobra is also a classic mid range and a good choice for beginners. Your Franklin discs are, however, about as far from classic as it gets. They are unequivocally terrible discs and the sooner you start throwing regular discs from tried and true brands like Innova, Discraft, DGA, DiscMania, MVP, Axiom, Vibram, Latitude, Dynamic, Westside, Millennium, Reptilian, Element, Kastaplast, etc, the better.

Lighter weights are generally better for beginners but if you're serious about improving I wouldn't throw out the heavier discs. It's easier to feel the hit with heavier discs and feeling the hit is integral to good form.

Niced: (1)