Thread: [Millennium] MS Aurora Love?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 12:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 513 Times in 330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERB brooks View Post
Well there used to be two Auroras... the MS (midrange straight) and the MF (midrange fade), and multiple Orion for that matter (OLF, OLS, The rare OLR). So the acronyms really helped to clear things up. Not the greatest naming convention, but they make great discs. The OLF could be called the felcher and I would still bag multiple.
I totally see where they are coming from - I think just a tiny change in their approach would help illuminate the lineup. Just give every brick and mortar shop a poster with flight #s, and maybe try this:

Instead of OLF, OLS, AMS, etc try:

OrionL-F
9|5|-1|3

OrionL-S
9|5|-2|2

AuroraM-S
5|X|X|X

AuroraM-F
5|X|X|X

That way the name of the disc jumps out at you, allows you to develop an impression of the type of disc we're talking here. To me, they completely threw away such a potentially awesome naming convention by obfuscating things with stupid acronyms. I mean, there's nothing more badass in the universe than a quasar - they went the smart route on that mold and the rest of the distance drivers by keeping things simple. But on all the stuff I would actually be throwing as a beginner - mids and fairways - nope.

Discmania isn't much better but at least they include flight #s. Prodigy I actually consider the worst, combining numbers for mold names and plastic types.

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Alexplz; 01-12-2018 at 12:10 PM.