View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 46.2
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 71 Times in 42 Posts
Smile

I purchased a DB5 last year. It's good and heavy and will take a very hard putt without moving. Most of the weight is in the basket. (I like that)

The base is pretty light duty. It's a split collar welded to three spokes. (I don't like that) When placed on a hill it leans more than it should due to the base being split. I believe that I will have to replace the base some day. When I do it will be with something heavier. (Pipe and a flange welded to four spokes)

I also don't like the cheap threaded connections that hold it together. (They tapped the pipe that the basket, base and top basket attach to. This pipe is rather thin) I expect that some day I will have to address these by drilling them out and using a pin (or bolt) to hold things together.

I added an inner set of chains, but not an extra ring. I sized the chains to connect to the existing ring. These were interspersed between the existing chains. (You can really gun a putt at it)

All things considered I like the basket. It just has a few little material flaws. IIRC I got it from Disc & Dat for $175 plus free shipping. That was the best deal I could find. Whatever you get I'm sure you'll like having DG in the back yard. I certainly do.