Old 07-17-2013, 08:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 33.9
Courses Played: 204
Throwing Style: RHBH

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaWayneHester View Post
Please read post in full, if it has a name I will return. No name ... No disc. If the lazy person has enough time to watch me dig it out, but waits until I have it in my bag to approach. They will leave empty handed. Wrong or right, thanks for the free disc
Your mother would be proud.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2017, 12:03 AM
Carolina Crusher's Magic Man

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 21
Default Update

I now have 4 bags full of FREE disc with NO NAMES on them.....lol, this is a 4 year later update.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:57 AM

Courses Played: 24

You're an asset to the game... damn autocorrect... asshat to the game.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:35 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.9
Courses Played: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuces View Post
I carry a handgun with me at all times in my Grip bag because we do live in a crazy world.
I know its a necro post but good lord man. I'm not sure what 'crazy world' you live in... but carrying a gun in your disc golf bag???

Old 02-27-2017, 10:15 AM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 345

Yeah, this thread was worth bumping....

NOT!

Old 02-27-2017, 10:18 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 91

I am sure the Charleston Crushers are glad to have you representing the club and Disc Golf in general.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:29 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal View Post
Note to self: (1)write name on all money; (2) Wait for rocket scientists like ru4por to find and return it; and (3) profit!
Note to self: Change name to Andrew Jackson.

Old 02-27-2017, 02:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon View Post
I know its a necro post but good lord man. I'm not sure what 'crazy world' you live in... but carrying a gun in your disc golf bag???
I have sad news. Last night Dueces accidentally shot his favorite driver while pulling a mid out of his bag. Shot it solid through the logo. It seems the mid caught on the safety, flipped it off, and the bottle of Bud in his bag slipped against the trigger.

Fortunately, Dueces didn't shoot his foot off, just his big toe. The bullet, upon passing through his favorite driver, left his bag and entered his toe. He says he will be working on his forehand and will return to the game as soon as he can.

The first time I knew there were some people who shouldn't have guns was the very first time I went hunting. The guy down from us shot over a knoll and killed a cop car. Boy was that cop hot.

Yep, it's a crazy old world.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:09 PM
* Ace Member *

As an aside, I only write my name in discs for tournament play, so I don't get a violation. My hope is that anyone who finds one of my discs enjoys it at least as much as I did. If you've picked up a bag full of discs, do the right thing and donate them to clubs, schools, or your alma mater. It will warm their heart and your's too.

Old 02-27-2017, 02:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
Fair enough. I find the problem with using an absolute like "never" in a argument is that I'm usually thinking of one situation, perhaps the couple of courses I play most often, and not the spectrum of situations to which my statement might be applied.

I can tell you that there have been at least two dozen times this summer that I've left a disc behind, to come back later with the right equipment to retrieve it.

You might be incredulous until I mention that it's a private course, where I know the disc won't be picked up by anyone else. It has a pond for which there are various retrieval methods (golden retriever, huge rake, swimsuit), briar patches where jeans and gloves are in order, and dense rough where spare time, not equipment, is key.

But I've also done it on a public course. I've unknowingly left a disc and returned anywhere from minutes later to the end of the round. I've lost a disc in the fading twilight and returned in the early dawn to resume the search. I recently put one in a storm drain and returned 5 hours later with an assortment of tools and duct tape to rescue it.

I've yet to work out a system of querying a found disc to determine whether it was actually abandoned, or is just temporarily out of its owner's custody for any of the dozens of possible reasons.

This post is one of the many reasons I like reading David's comments. Not too many people realize there aren't absolutes anymore. We like it black and white. Me good, you bad.