#2341  
Old 08-21-2019, 07:02 AM
VictorB's Avatar
VictorB VictorB is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Madison, WI
Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,832
Niced 1,078 Times in 538 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Do you find any Challenger decently overstable relative to other putting putters out there?
The old cryztal and Ti have a little but more fade than a brand new D.

I recently picked up a soft x to see how those flew and it was the flippiest challenger I have ever thrown, even right off the shelf. Waste of money.

I can continue to throw the MF4 steady I've been bagging, since it's got a nice strong finish. I just have a weird quirk where I like all of my putters the same mold.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2342  
Old 08-21-2019, 11:27 AM
F. Howl's Avatar
F. Howl F. Howl is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,829
Niced 1,004 Times in 556 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
...I just have a weird quirk where I like all of my putters the same mold.
Same.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2343  
Old 08-21-2019, 02:03 PM
Dcinmd Dcinmd is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 316
Niced 214 Times in 103 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
I accidentally threw an unbelievably good fh roller with a force. Going to explore that a bit further tonight, see if I can easily reproduce it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am sure a Force would be a nice forehand roller disc. I have a lot of friends that swear by the Flick for forehand rollers.
Reply With Quote
  #2344  
Old 08-21-2019, 03:07 PM
VictorB's Avatar
VictorB VictorB is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Madison, WI
Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,832
Niced 1,078 Times in 538 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Same.
What sort of setup with your Roaches do you use? I'd guess base plastic for putting, beat base plastic for turnover shots, and premium for stable drives? That's ideally how my setup would be also. The new cryztal challengers I have are actually straighter than new D. That's mainly why I'm considering Ti or ESP
Reply With Quote
  #2345  
Old 08-21-2019, 03:35 PM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,222
Niced 932 Times in 509 Posts
Default

Alright, I just felt up a DGA Steady BL in stone plastic. Why in the eff wouldn't Discraft run this plastic for putters? DGA has it at mid grade pricing also, less than Discraft JB.

"Stone plastic blend by DGA is a durable, mid-grade plastic blend specifically intended for putters. It is more durable than the softer D Line plastic with a slightly slicker grip. The Stone blend should be able to handle a lot of collisions with the chains for long-lasting performance."
Reply With Quote
  #2346  
Old 08-21-2019, 04:03 PM
VictorB's Avatar
VictorB VictorB is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Madison, WI
Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,832
Niced 1,078 Times in 538 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
Alright, I just felt up a DGA Steady BL in stone plastic. Why in the eff wouldn't Discraft run this plastic for putters? DGA has it at mid grade pricing also, less than Discraft JB.

"Stone plastic blend by DGA is a durable, mid-grade plastic blend specifically intended for putters. It is more durable than the softer D Line plastic with a slightly slicker grip. The Stone blend should be able to handle a lot of collisions with the chains for long-lasting performance."
I have one stone steady that feels like shiny CT plastic. I have a newer run that is stiff but velvety and has a great grip to it. This blend makes me want to use steadys as my main putter, it's got just a bit more tack compared to Nexus without being soft
Reply With Quote
  #2347  
Old 08-21-2019, 04:10 PM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,222
Niced 932 Times in 509 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
I have one stone steady that feels like shiny CT plastic. I have a newer run that is stiff but velvety and has a great grip to it. This blend makes me want to use steadys as my main putter, it's got just a bit more tack compared to Nexus without being soft
It kinda felt like X plastic to me but it's been a while since I've had an X disc. The Steady BL felt good, they had one in a pretty nice D plastic too.

I'm committed to the Roach though.
Reply With Quote
  #2348  
Old 08-21-2019, 04:51 PM
F. Howl's Avatar
F. Howl F. Howl is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,829
Niced 1,004 Times in 556 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
What sort of setup with your Roaches do you use? I'd guess base plastic for putting, beat base plastic for turnover shots, and premium for stable drives? That's ideally how my setup would be also. The new cryztal challengers I have are actually straighter than new D. That's mainly why I'm considering Ti or ESP
3 Jawbreakers: 2 fresh ones just for putting, one for turnover drives
SoftX: short approaches I'm trying to run
Ti: off the tee.

Have you tried the Chally SS? No premium plastic though...

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2349  
Old 08-21-2019, 07:50 PM
VictorB's Avatar
VictorB VictorB is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Madison, WI
Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,832
Niced 1,078 Times in 538 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
3 Jawbreakers: 2 fresh ones just for putting, one for turnover drives
SoftX: short approaches I'm trying to run
Ti: off the tee.

Have you tried the Chally SS? No premium plastic though...
Your setup looks like I want mine to be. I think I'm going to go with Steadys. I really like the flight of the D line as well as the MF4 glow plastic.

I did try the challengerSS, but just didn't like it very much especially for throwing.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #2350  
Old 08-23-2019, 11:06 AM
Blobfish's Avatar
Blobfish Blobfish is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 505
Niced 162 Times in 98 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcinmd View Post
I am sure a Force would be a nice forehand roller disc. I have a lot of friends that swear by the Flick for forehand rollers.
I'm really liking the force for this FH roller (now that I am trying to do it on purpose) this roller practice is also doing a good job beating in my Pro-D one
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discraft Sale, throwers/collectors, low prices zmannz1984 The Marketplace 4 07-08-2016 09:18 PM
DGCR scores vs. the rest scores Grinder12000 General Disc Golf Chat 14 06-25-2013 06:59 PM
Innova/Discraft/Gateway/Cryztal/Glow/12X as low as $4.50 shipped!! Bamm The Marketplace 3 05-28-2012 09:51 PM
Low Priced Discraft...1 Rare....Cash Prices.... kffreddy The Marketplace 11 02-17-2012 04:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.