Old 10-18-2019, 12:11 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 789 Times in 669 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayph1n View Post
Do a lot of you play Discraft primarily? Just started a few months ago and I'm playing a mix of things. I usually reach for Discraft discs because they seem to perform the best for me.
I use Innova with one of the latest clone attempts at a Buzz, Shark 3. The Shark 3 is not as OS as a Buzz OS but more OS then a Buzz, basically a straight flying disc that can fight wind due to being more like a tad US ROC. Only reason I went with the Shark 3 is I was using the Shark as an approach disc/driving putter slots and the emegency wind disc. A Shark has too much putter like float to the mold that it flies more like a putter that gets slow midrange distance but the Shark is not midrange like enough in the glide to be effective as a true midrange for me.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2019, 02:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,507 Times in 861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
What is y'all's go to us mid? This has been a slot I've been looking to fill with both buzzz ss and comet. From my experience both esp comet and esp buzzz ss but I've found them to be lazer straight but I'm looking for something with a bit more turn for some of my woods courses. Should I go with these molds but different plastics? Jawbreaker buzzz?
DGA Tremor. . tru US flight

I think i have tested every US mid on the market, Tremor IS the best of them all
Old 10-18-2019, 10:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 219
Niced 1,973 Times in 1,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
DGA Tremor. . tru US flight

I think i have tested every US mid on the market, Tremor IS the best of them all
ive never tried one

what does it fly similar to
Old 10-18-2019, 10:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
ive never tried one

Short answer, nothing really flies like the Tremor

I have tried...Meteor, Warrant, Tursas, StarI, Womabat3, Foxbat, Signal and god knows what...but Tremor is the disc that flies US and keeps the anhyzer line

A "faster Mirage" maybe

I love US mids, and i think i have tried them all. . .And ProLine and SP-line Tremor is in my bag. . .the other US mids is in storage

Niced: (1)
Old 10-18-2019, 10:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,349 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
ive never tried one

I’m pretty sure it’s based on the Archer or Stratus mold

Old 10-18-2019, 11:53 AM
* Ace Member *

The Z Archer and Big Z Sting has a flight similar to the Tremor . .but I think the Tremor feels and flies better
Stratus and Glide is also similar but again I think the Tremor is the better disc
Old 10-18-2019, 01:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,071 Times in 595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayph1n View Post
Do a lot of you play Discraft primarily? Just started a few months ago and I'm playing a mix of things. I usually reach for Discraft discs because they seem to perform the best for me.
After playing my first round with a loner disc, I went straight to the liquor store and bought an XL, X2, and Xpress by Discraft and a 40 by Mickey's. Casually played for 3 years with close to that set up (discs stayed the same, beer changed). Quit for a decade, got back in with a mixed bag in 2013. 2 years later, all Discraft.

....and one Blowfly or Gumbputt, which I'd bag even if it were made by Salient.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
After playing my first round with a loner disc, I went straight to the liquor store and bought an XL, X2, and Xpress by Discraft and a 40 by Mickey's. Casually played for 3 years with close to that set up (discs stayed the same, beer changed). Quit for a decade, got back in with a mixed bag in 2013. 2 years later, all Discraft.

....and one Blowfly or Gumbputt, which I'd bag even if it were made by Salient.
i forgot are you sponsored and what division do you compete in
Old 10-18-2019, 03:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,071 Times in 595 Posts

Quote:
i forgot are you sponsored and what division do you compete in
The number of non-sponsored players in my area (Innova and Legacy country) that bag just one brand, outnumber the entire MPO field at that last NT. Some of it's brand loyalty, some familiarity with the blends, or maybe some just like the feeling of congruency, but the idea on dgcr and reddit that anything but a mixed bag is limiting the player is horse****.

Now if that wasn't sarcasm and you weren't asking rhetorically, I'm right in the middle of MA1 (hovering around 960). My mids share a top/wing profile, and the 2.5 rims of my distance drivers have the same edge and exact same plastic blend. Enough reason for me to stay with one brand.

Niced: (4)

Old 10-18-2019, 04:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
The number of non-sponsored players in my area (Innova and Legacy country) that bag just one brand, outnumber the entire MPO field at that last NT. Some of it's brand loyalty, some familiarity with the blends, or maybe some just like the feeling of congruency, but the idea on dgcr and reddit that anything but a mixed bag is limiting the player is horse****.

Now if that wasn't sarcasm and you weren't asking rhetorically, I'm right in the middle of MA1 (hovering around 960). My mids share a top/wing profile, and the 2.5 rims of my distance drivers have the same edge and exact same plastic blend. Enough reason for me to stay with one brand.
no i wasnt being sarcastic i really was curious

its interesting to think about most people in my neck of the woods mix bags unless theyre tryna get sponsored

i see your point completely

thank you for answering