Old 12-07-2019, 04:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 32
Niced 673 Times in 408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villek View Post
She is going to Prodigy now.
I'm not sure if she'll get any tour series discs. She'll have to make a name for herself by winning next year for that I assume. I would definitely buy a disc with her name on it as long as it's not pink. Not my style.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2019, 03:08 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 413
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 322 Times in 164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
I'm not sure if she'll get any tour series discs. She'll have to make a name for herself by winning next year for that I assume. I would definitely buy a disc with her name on it as long as it's not pink. Not my style.
I agree. I'd never seen her play until the PCS open. I think the FPO side will be more entertaining if some of these European ladies make more appearances in the U.S. I've been buying way MORE pink discs lately btw, they are the easiest to find in all seasons, by far. Unless you're all about staying in the fairway. Not my style.

Old 12-08-2019, 06:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 87
Niced 1,972 Times in 789 Posts

Quote:
Dude you are missing out. Pink is probably the best color to find in the woods all times of the year other than maybe blue.

Old 12-08-2019, 06:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,345 Times in 776 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
Dude you are missing out. Pink is probably the best color to find in the woods all times of the year other than maybe blue.
The 3 P's: Pink, Peach, Purple.

Blue is a pain in the rear to find in shadows, around rocks or in stuck in bushs... blue blends right in with Russian olives or evergreens.

Niced: (1)

Last edited by wolfmandragon; 12-08-2019 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:59 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 509 Times in 211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
The 3 P's: Pink, Peach, Purple.

Blue is a pain in the rear to find in shadows, around rocks or in stuck in bushs... blue blends right in with Russian olives or evergreens.
Pink yes. Peach and purple, not so much, at least not for me. Peach is too close to a lot of fallen leaves. Purple is worse in shadows/bushes, unless it is that lighter purple (lavender?)

Blue is better, unless you are talking about a darker blue. I'm talking a lighter blue, more like cotton candy/blue raspberry candy. Lots of river/glacier rocks, thick ferns and evergreens on the courses I play on, and pink and light blue stand out here.

Old 12-08-2019, 07:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,098 Times in 641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
I agree. I'd never seen her play until the PCS open. I think the FPO side will be more entertaining if some of these European ladies make more appearances in the U.S.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne.hoffman View Post
This leaves Zoe, Paige S, and Tina O if my memory serves as the three FPO reps that tour regularly for DD. Are they planning on bringing Cynthia up?
Tina Oakley, nice person, but at 891 rated, not really a factor on the tour.

Old 12-08-2019, 11:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 32
Niced 673 Times in 408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
White, Blue, Green, Red, Orange & Yellow. As long as they are bright. I don't like clear flight plates & it blows mind that any company would produce a black disc. I know they exist, I've seen them in the wild.

I agree that pink is a great color for visibility. I just prefer masculine colors. Don't '@' me for typing that bros. I totally get why any player would throw pink because they are so bright. Just not my thing.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:45 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 408 Times in 165 Posts

Quote:
White, Blue, Green, Red, Orange & Yellow. As long as they are bright. I don't like clear flight plates & it blows mind that any company would produce a black disc. I know they exist, I've seen them in the wild.

I agree that pink is a great color for visibility. I just prefer masculine colors. Don't '@' me for typing that bros. I totally get why any player would throw pink because they are so bright. Just not my thing.
I don’t have a good explanation why, but I find white hard to locate, even in the fairway. I have a white throwing putter but have ridded my bag of all other white discs.

Old 12-09-2019, 03:23 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 413
Niced 322 Times in 164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles_Lefty View Post
I don’t have a good explanation why, but I find white hard to locate, even in the fairway. I have a white throwing putter but have ridded my bag of all other white discs.
I don't have a problem finding white discs. I only have one I throw regularly. I have at least 3 clear ones though. One is an H3 that looks like it's made of glass. I've been throwing it all year and somehow never lost it, much less even spent much time looking for it. Disc golf is weird sometimes.

Old 12-09-2019, 09:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 555 Times in 238 Posts

Down here in the piney woods of NC, reds and browns tend to 'disappear'.