Old 01-04-2020, 01:06 AM
Par Member

Niced 57 Times in 40 Posts
Default New guy from Colorado

Hello from Denver.

Been playing for about three years now. Try to play two or three times a week as time and weather allows.

Im not that good at the sport but I really enjoy it.

Hoping to learn a few things here.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2020, 03:47 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 413
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 283 Times in 147 Posts

Welcome to DGCR.

Most of us on here aren't any good, but we'll act like we are

Seriously though, there's lot's of useful information on here. Probably as much useless info too, but most of it's pretty entertaining.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:12 AM
Par Member

Thanks.

Heading out shortly for my third round of 2020.

The first round didnt go so well (+12 on a 21 hole course but Im blaming some of it on crazy winds) and the second round wasnt much better on a smaller course with better weather. (Im blaming a heavy dose of OB on that one.)

The course Ill be playing today is hit or miss for me. Best round was -1 but I typically shoot +4 to +6. Going to try to play par golf and hope for a couple of birdies on the shorter holes and see how that works for me.

There are several shorter courses nearby but I dont find them overly challenging. Usually just play those as a single disc round with a P2 since none of the holes are much over 250 feet. Always shoot under par on those with my best score being-14.

With 350 being pretty much my max distance, I lean heavily on my Harp to take me from there to the basket but Im taking it out of my bag today to try my new Discmania Tactic. Well see how that plays out for me.
Old 01-18-2020, 11:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 747 Times in 583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
Thanks.

Heading out shortly for my third round of 2020.

The first round didnt go so well (+12 on a 21 hole course but Im blaming some of it on crazy winds) and the second round wasnt much better on a smaller course with better weather. (Im blaming a heavy dose of OB on that one.)

The course Ill be playing today is hit or miss for me. Best round was -1 but I typically shoot +4 to +6. Going to try to play par golf and hope for a couple of birdies on the shorter holes and see how that works for me.

There are several shorter courses nearby but I dont find them overly challenging. Usually just play those as a single disc round with a P2 since none of the holes are much over 250 feet. Always shoot under par on those with my best score being-14.

With 350 being pretty much my max distance, I lean heavily on my Harp to take me from there to the basket but Im taking it out of my bag today to try my new Discmania Tactic. Well see how that plays out for me.

350' isn't bad. What disc(s) are you using to achieve that distance?
Old 01-18-2020, 03:00 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
350' isn't bad. What disc(s) are you using to achieve that distance?

I only bag two drivers right now for distance. A Dynamic Discs Trespass and a Latitude 64 Bolt.

Honestly, the Trespass typically goes somewhere in the 340 to 360 ish range depending on how well I happen to execute the shot.

The Bolt gets easy distance but needs good form and the disc needs room to do its thing. It stays in the bag if theres any wind at all but if its calm and the fairway is wide open and I just need as much distance off the tee as I can get then Im throwing the Bolt. Fairly certain I hit close to or just over 400 feet with it last weekend.
Old 01-18-2020, 03:05 PM
Par Member

When the wind is up good I wont usually throw the Trespass either and will just disc down to a PD or even an FD3 depending on the wind and the shot.

Old 01-18-2020, 03:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 747 Times in 583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
I only bag two drivers right now for distance. A Dynamic Discs Trespass and a Latitude 64 Bolt.

Honestly, the Trespass typically goes somewhere in the 340 to 360 ish range depending on how well I happen to execute the shot.

The Bolt gets easy distance but needs good form and the disc needs room to do its thing. It stays in the bag if theres any wind at all but if its calm and the fairway is wide open and I just need as much distance off the tee as I can get then Im throwing the Bolt. Fairly certain I hit close to or just over 400 feet with it last weekend.
I'd recommend a star or G* Shryke. It would fit between the Trespass and Bolt. I personally have had lousy luck with Bolts. Once they flip they don't seem to come back at all.

A Tern would also be a nice somewhat understable option that's less finicky than the Bolt.

At your range a Trespass is a pretty good choice for a workhorse driver.