Old 10-04-2021, 08:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39
Courses Played: 266
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 8,277 Times in 2,837 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Woah! I just reached out to Wildman, gonna see what on Earth that could be about. I know he keeps trail cams up and will not tolerate people trying to play without paying. I'm guessing somebody found this out. It ain't cheap to mow all those hilly acres, and of course you get people carrying expensive energy drinks who won't drop a dime in the tube...
Here are the responses to that post, so far.

Quote:
Me.......16 hours ago
This is nonsense. I have played here numerous times, know the owner and have many friends in the area. You are paranoid and delusional, I suggest you stop using the MMJ altogether. This is a terrific private course, wonderful owner and a do not miss if in this area.

15 hours ago
This place is in the middle of nowhere Michigan. People in the bushes? Following you? That's some good stuff you're smoking

50 minutes ago
I have never experienced this... Nothing but great times at this course

I have also email Pete Crist to have the post removed.

The OP's name is Emit Fitsume

Sounds fake and he has no active profile on DGS. Dude is obviously, either trippin' or has some ax to grind. I am not a fan of trashing any private course owner. Their land, their rules. Also not a fan of trashing private course owners...the only result is the owner tiring of the stupidity and shutting the course down. Wildman is a good guy, simple does not deserve the BS.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by ru4por; 10-04-2021 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-04-2021, 09:20 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 251 Times in 132 Posts

Played both Hammond Hill and Fallasburg this past week, both are looking excellent. Since my last time playing either course.
Fallasburg:
Some of the inconsequential rough cleared out, makes the holes a bit more friendly but still requires the same challenging shot shapes as always.
Arrows on each basket pointing towards the next tee pad and signs pointing out the paths to the alternate 6 holes
Gongs/Chimes added on the blind holes to inform next card that you are clear

Hammond:
- 3d printed arrows on each basket pointing towards the next tee, smaller and less obvious than the white painted signs at - Fallasburg but still helpful if you need them.
- Teepad maintainance, dirt filled around and leveled off for those who need a Conrad style runup
- Stump removal, a crew has been hard at work removing the most offensive stumps from fairways by hand all summer, and recently rented a stump grinder to fully clear all the stumps off the entire back 9.

A couple of the best strolls through the woods throwing discs in the Grand Rapids area are looking as good as I've ever seen them just in time for the colors to change.

Old 10-04-2021, 03:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 33
Courses Played: 152
Niced 1,497 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post

Sounds fake and he has no active profile on DGS. Dude is obviously, either trippin' or has some ax to grind. I am not a fan of trashing any private course owner. Their land, their rules. Also not a fan of trashing private course owners...the only result is the owner tiring of the stupidity and shutting the course down. Wildman is a good guy, simple does not deserve the BS.
I was hoping to see what Wild had to say but Facebook is down. I do see he took down Wild Haven's page on DGS, so that's that.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
I was hoping to see what Wild had to say but Facebook is down. I do see he took down Wild Haven's page on DGS, so that's that.
Sigh.....I hope he reconsiders that decision. Dbags are gonna be dbags, regardless of the social media platform. I had sent a message to DGS mods to remove the post, no response yet. Many of us do not use facebook. I don't even have a good way to get an address or get ahold of Wild now. If you have a chance to chat with him, after he cools off, I hope you can pass along mine and many other disappointment, at seeing the course removed from DGS. There are TONS of great golfers that appreciate and enjoy private courses. I hope those very few dbags don't get to ruin it for everyone.....then they win.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-05-2021, 03:44 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 21
Niced 123 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:

Name sounded familiar, Emmett Fitz-Hume
Spies Like Us
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HYsuKLZ6_400x400.jpg (36.7 KB, 13 views)

Old 10-05-2021, 04:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 672
Niced 3,741 Times in 1,585 Posts

Quote:
Sigh.....I hope he reconsiders that decision. Dbags are gonna be dbags, regardless of the social media platform. I had sent a message to DGS mods to remove the post, no response yet. Many of us do not use facebook. I don't even have a good way to get an address or get ahold of Wild now. If you have a chance to chat with him, after he cools off, I hope you can pass along mine and many other disappointment, at seeing the course removed from DGS. There are TONS of great golfers that appreciate and enjoy private courses. I hope those very few dbags don't get to ruin it for everyone.....then they win.
That would be a major bummer for me. That's a course I wanted to play, didn't have time for, but planned on for my next trip. It's strange to me that there's SO many private courses listed on Udisc that aren't on here. It should be the opposite. But, I'm out of touch I suppose.

Niced: (3)
Old 10-05-2021, 08:13 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 162
Niced 1,069 Times in 457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
That would be a major bummer for me. That's a course I wanted to play, didn't have time for, but planned on for my next trip. It's strange to me that there's SO many private courses listed on Udisc that aren't on here. It should be the opposite. But, I'm out of touch I suppose.
Udisc feels a little more wild, wild west vs DGCR. For me, only the owner of the Private course should be allowed to add it to the directory. If I play an unlisted private course I just note in my Social profile and keep count of unlisted ones that way. (9 unlisted courses for me). I would hate to add one and have random people show up to somebody's yard to play.

Old 10-13-2021, 09:11 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 103
Niced 197 Times in 51 Posts

Another new course apparently opening this weekend in South Haven area. 9,600 ft!
https://www.lakearvestafarms.com/discgolf

Old 10-13-2021, 09:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.8
Courses Played: 108
Niced 3,513 Times in 1,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFrah View Post
Another new course apparently opening this weekend in South Haven area. 9,600 ft!
https://www.lakearvestafarms.com/discgolf
I think this course was designed by Jim Schultz who is the fella that designed the original Leviathan - among many other courses like SHARA. Man this is exciting for disc golf in Southwest Michigan!!!

Niced: (3)

Old 10-13-2021, 10:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Got word of a new 9 hole course in Whitmore Lake. I will work on getting some additional info.