Old 12-27-2021, 04:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,073 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
Random thought, but do you have that plastic bottom panel inserted correctly? I had to really struggle and fight with mine to get it fully seated in the bottom of the bag. Mine doesn't seem nearly this tippy but I've got 8 in the lower side slots and only 3-4 in the upper middle slots so perhaps a more stable setup than you're running.
Follow up. I asked a fellow poster here to cut out a piece of thin aluminum to match the shape of that panel. HUGE improvement.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 12-28-2021, 02:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 713
Niced 3,921 Times in 1,641 Posts

I ordered a Pinch the other day. Was looking for something a little smaller than my big ass Grip A series bag for road trips to mountainous areas. This looked like a good deal. I also have an old Innova bag with some phenix quad shocks, but was looking for something more backpack like but smaller than the Grip. I also have the DD Commander bag, which I love for my Zuca, but not for carrying around. Hence why I bought the Grip in the first place. Hopefully I'll get to test it out next weekend.

Niced: (2)
Old 06-04-2022, 11:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 253
Niced 1,152 Times in 710 Posts

Shoutout to my Shift. We recently went on a weekend trip, and I brought my disc golf bag and discs. We did an impromptu day hike which we hadn't prepared for. Emptying all the discs left the Shift as a great hiking backpack, worn by my wife and me at various stages and comfortable for both of us.

Fear not -- the discs went right back in as soon as we got back to the car. But it's still a great bag! My only complaint is that it's so well-constructed that I haven't had a good excuse to buy a new one!

Thanks UPD.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-19-2022, 02:21 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Crunch View Post
They win on style points but fail on function from what little I can see.
This is absolutely true...

Old 06-26-2022, 01:51 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 354 Times in 217 Posts

I've been using and adoring a DD Commander for over a year now, and I have no complaints about it. However, I play disc golf so much, that I've been wearing myself down with a fully loaded Commander due to its sheer weight. I decided to order a Shift and a bunch of purple discs to construct a minimalist secondary bag setup.

Today was the first round I played with my new Shift, and boy what a pleasant change of things! I use 15 discs and 1 32oz bottle in my shift, and it feels like I'm not even wearing anything on my back. I took off the chest and waist straps foreseeing that I'll never use them.

Besides its real light weight, which I'm sure is the Shift's main attraction, I need to compliment it for its very intelligent design. Using discs in the side pockets to act as rigid side panels is genius. Not only does it cut down on the weight of the bag, but I love the organization and ease of access to pull these discs in and out. I organize my side discs so that I have 4 overstable fairway/distance drivers on the left sleeves, and 4 straight/understable fairway/distance drivers on the right sleeves.

The other pleasant surprise was the amount of storage space the shift has. I thought for sure it was going to be all discs and no storage, with the little pouches on the waist straps being the only storage the bag had, but to my surprise, it has a relatively large amount of room thanks to a centered and open chasm right behind the water bottle holder-- a space big enough to store even a wadded up jacket. The double-zippered pocket on the cover of the bag to hold something like a phone or wallet allowing access while both tucked and or untucked is an amazing touch as well.

My other surprise was just how dang stable the bag is on the ground. Coming from the Commander, its stability is definitely one of its main strengths, but the Shift stands up really well, even on inclines when you position it accordingly. I didn't have it fall down on me once during the round, and my local course is full of fairways with differing slopes.

Really the only complaint I have with the shift is just how damn hard it was to get the base panel in when I first got it. I felt like I was either going to break the bottom of the bag itself, or the panel. Once in though, the bag is nice and solid on its bottom.