Old 05-16-2022, 02:16 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 50
Niced 393 Times in 171 Posts

Today, I placed my order for the Transit. Camoflauge. Got the putter pocket thing, too. I figured that's a must-have.

Really appreciative of all the input from this group. It was a very tough decision, but I think I made the right one.

Should have it in a few days - guess we'll see on that. But I'll use it for a few rounds, then come in and give my eight cents (inflation hurts, kids!).

Have a most excellent day, friends.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 05-25-2022, 11:28 AM
Birdie Member

Received it late Saturday. Haven't gotten to use it yet, but that'll happen this afternoon.

First impressions? It's nice! Looks better in person than it does in the stock photos. I sent a pic to several buddies, and they all seem to be...jealous. So I have that going for me.

I know it'll take some time to dial it in the way I need it. But I'm very excited to try this newfangled version of Old Man Golf. Maybe it'll cut down on my fatigue enough to also cut a stroke or two off my score...

Old 05-25-2022, 03:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 164
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,088 Times in 465 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthRocker View Post
Received it late Saturday. Haven't gotten to use it yet, but that'll happen this afternoon.

First impressions? It's nice! Looks better in person than it does in the stock photos. I sent a pic to several buddies, and they all seem to be...jealous. So I have that going for me.

I know it'll take some time to dial it in the way I need it. But I'm very excited to try this newfangled version of Old Man Golf. Maybe it'll cut down on my fatigue enough to also cut a stroke or two off my score...
The advantages I found for me where the luxury of carrying more water without carrying it. Less strain on my shoulder/arm and back not having to set backpack down, get disc, throw & pick backpack up again. Heck just carrying backpack all round vs pushing it. Always have a seat handy for long waits or just a break before teeing off. Enjoy the extra energy.

Niced: (2)
Old 05-31-2022, 09:16 AM
Birdie Member

Okay, I've got four rounds in so far.

Honestly, I am loving this thing. I definitely feel a difference in terms of fatigue. My arm, back, and shoulders feel fresh after a round. Played two rounds back-to-back on Sunday: first one at Winget, second at Nevin. Everything above the waist felt great, and that's a Goodness.

However, I have noticed some knee tightness that I've never had before. I assume it's from using the legs a lot more to pull/push the thing, and if that's true, I expect it to go away once I get used to it. Just using the body differently takes some adjustment.

I haven't used the bottom storage for anything yet. The two bottle-holders work well with a Gatorade or large-ish plastic bottle. I can fit about six cans of beer up behind the discs, but it makes things pretty tight. So I just decided to carry less beer! How'bou'da?

The cart is Ninja-quiet, and rolls over practically everything. I have to be more aware of the terrain as I move about, but that's no hardship. I feel like it makes me focus just a touch more on the golf, and less on the chatting/sightseeing.

It seems inevitable that I'm going to take it to a course that won't be very cart-friendly. Those lessons will just have to be learned the hard way.

Thanks again, everyone. I very much appreciate all the input, and just having the forum in which to discuss it. KARTLYFE!
Old 06-13-2022, 03:03 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 37
Niced 558 Times in 245 Posts

I've owned 3 carts and many many bags.

Grip + Rovic is my favorite.

I also went to bag only for a year, and it just reinforced the belief that a cart truly saves you energy.
Old 06-13-2022, 06:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,886 Times in 956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drk_evns View Post
I've owned 3 carts and many many bags.

Grip + Rovic is my favorite.

I also went to bag only for a year, and it just reinforced the belief that a cart truly saves you energy.

Funny. I’m starting to grow tired of carrying my grip bag around fully loaded so I recently picked up a Rovic. I have a large A tier event coming up so that will be its maiden voyage.

As an update on my wife’s cart situation, she has been using her Trekker pretty regularly and seems to like it. It tips over on her quite a bit because she opted to go with one of the large putter pouches from Infinite Discs and has about eight discs in it. We mounted it as low as feasible but it really makes her cart kind of top heavy.
Old 06-14-2022, 09:30 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 37
Niced 558 Times in 245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
Funny. I’m starting to grow tired of carrying my grip bag around fully loaded so I recently picked up a Rovic. I have a large A tier event coming up so that will be its maiden voyage.
Accessories I recommend:

Adjustable Umbrella holder – having this in stormy rounds is a huge advantage. I went 2 down through 3 holes in my last tournament during a downpour while everyone else was shanking their wet discs.

Cooler bag–it's nice for drinks during rounds but even better because the top pocket fits a handful of discs.

Steering knob–surprisingly useful.

I'd avoid the seat. Pick up a folding trip fold stool and hang it from the velcro for the umbrella. That's what I do! Gives you a more comfortable seat that's less in the way IMO.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-14-2022, 12:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,886 Times in 956 Posts

Quote:
Accessories I recommend:

Adjustable Umbrella holder – having this in stormy rounds is a huge advantage. I went 2 down through 3 holes in my last tournament during a downpour while everyone else was shanking their wet discs.

Cooler bag–it's nice for drinks during rounds but even better because the top pocket fits a handful of discs.

I'd avoid the seat. Pick up a folding trip fold stool and hang it from the velcro for the umbrella. That's what I do! Gives you a more comfortable seat that's less in the way IMO.

Ha. Thanks for the tips but I inadvertently lied. I read Rovic but it didn’t click. I actually picked up a Rover (MVP) to roll my Grip bag around on. Not much for accessorizing the Rover. It’s pretty much just a dolly to drag my bag on.
Old 06-14-2022, 01:16 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 11
Niced 24 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Accessories I recommend:

Can you share a picture of your full set-up with the umbrella and dangling seat included? Would love to see it.

Old 06-14-2022, 02:11 PM
Birdie Member

Sunday, I did my usual: Winget dubs round followed by another singles round - this time it was Renaissance Grey.

Another cart-buddy had told me earlier in the week that he didn't think of Renny as being cart-friendly. So when I got there, I transferred all my suff back into my E2 bag. Walked with it on my back from the parking lot to #1 tee. As soon as I arrived, I noticed two things:
1 - My buddy had his cart; and
2 - My shoulders and upper back were already feeling the strain.

So I made them wait while I went back and re-stuffed my cart.

There might have been a few spots that weren't ideal for rolling, but for the most part, I'm thinking I'll use the Transit just about everywhere.

The only mod I've done so far was to stick a couple of commercial door silencers (literally just round rubber bumpers the size of my pinky nail and about 1/8" thick; they're used on metal door frames to "silence" the banging of door-on-jamb) on the underside of the lid, right at the forward corners, to eliminate the clanking sound of shutting the thing. Works like a champ.