Old 05-06-2018, 02:56 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question MVP-TESLA-HOFC Stamp

Has anyone ever seen an MVP TESLA that is a pearly swirl green and a gyro rim? I found one the other day and have been trying to research its origin but only find the HOFC stamp on the Photon and Wave. Wondering what year these were stamped and if they have any value?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2018, 04:57 PM
Par Member

Niced 28 Times in 22 Posts

These are what some people called FX. It is simply Proton plastic with a bit of the compound they use when making their Plasma plastic put in during the molding process. Some others called them transitional. They have played around with adding this plasma compound to both Neutron and Proton. Some people consider these somewhat as a unicorn discs because they were mixed in with the normal Neutron and Proton releases.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-28-2018, 07:00 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funguy View Post
These are what some people called FX. It is simply Proton plastic with a bit of the compound they use when making their Plasma plastic put in during the molding process. Some others called them transitional. They have played around with adding this plasma compound to both Neutron and Proton. Some people consider these somewhat as a unicorn discs because they were mixed in with the normal Neutron and Proton releases.
Thanks, that is pretty cool. I really like the feel of it but haven’t thrown it yet. Another th NF I found interesting was that I couldn’t find any Tesla’s that had the HOFC stamp, only the Photon or Wave. Maybe I will hold off on throwing and keep in my collection pile.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:00 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funguy View Post
Thanks, that is pretty cool. I really like the feel of it but haven’t thrown it yet. Another thing I found interesting was that I couldn’t find any Tesla’s that had the HOFC stamp, only the Photon or Wave. Maybe I will hold off on throwing and keep in my collection pile.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:51 AM
^Has PhD in Disc-Artistry

Niced 105 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwm1006 View Post
Has anyone ever seen an MVP TESLA that is a pearly swirl green and a gyro rim? I found one the other day and have been trying to research its origin but only find the HOFC stamp on the Photon and Wave. Wondering what year these were stamped and if they have any value?

Thanks!
This stamp was released to dealers on Photon and Wave; the IDGC / event host got some exclusive molds -- at least Tesla, maybe another.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:09 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 67 Times in 50 Posts

kind of a unique find.

and if you do throw it, tesla's are fantastic throwers... and will do whatever you ask them too with consistent fade.