#21  
Old 08-20-2014, 02:21 PM
Aim For The Chains's Avatar
Aim For The Chains Aim For The Chains is offline
FROLF OFF!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MINNESOTA
Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 17,061
Niced 1,090 Times in 733 Posts
Default

Bummer! You are one of the few who I actually care to hear from regarding how a disc flies... hope it heals quickly meng'
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-21-2014, 02:32 PM
Aim For The Chains's Avatar
Aim For The Chains Aim For The Chains is offline
FROLF OFF!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MINNESOTA
Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 17,061
Niced 1,090 Times in 733 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
you guys notice the what almost look like mirco beads before the big bead?.


2 small stair like notches leading up to the big bottom bead..any other putters out there have this?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-21-2014, 04:47 PM
preracing25 preracing25 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hudson, NH
Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 490
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

We noticed it helps slow down the fade a little bit.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Sooner34 Sooner34 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Central OK
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 464
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Does anyone with experience throwing the good grippy Evo HPP Wizards from a few years ago have any comparisons? The runs of Wizard I reference are the basically indestructible champy star feeling ones that you can bend in half, and the spring back to shape while retaining a firm rim. Also molded up REALLY flat for premi putters. Can NOT find ANY replacements in stores for my ONE remaining Wizard. Have high hopes for Liquid line Touches replacing the Wiz for my premi upshot putter.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-21-2014, 05:55 PM
zj1002 zj1002 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Driving Range
Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,374
Niced 225 Times in 109 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner34 View Post
Does anyone with experience throwing the good grippy Evo HPP Wizards from a few years ago have any comparisons? The runs of Wizard I reference are the basically indestructible champy star feeling ones that you can bend in half, and the spring back to shape while retaining a firm rim. Also molded up REALLY flat for premi putters. Can NOT find ANY replacements in stores for my ONE remaining Wizard. Have high hopes for Liquid line Touches replacing the Wiz for my premi upshot putter.
The closest thing I can relate to this plastic is the old old old Medium Wizards. The concave ones. Like almost circle tooled old. Pretty nice stiff stuff(not illegal stiff)
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-21-2014, 07:22 PM
preracing25 preracing25 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hudson, NH
Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 490
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

They are also really really flat.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-22-2014, 04:43 PM
Sooner34 Sooner34 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Central OK
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 464
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
The closest thing I can relate to this plastic is the old old old Medium Wizards. The concave ones. Like almost circle tooled old. Pretty nice stiff stuff(not illegal stiff)
Sounds promising. Look forward to reviews of premium plastic. Wizards are prized discs to me, but it is TOO hard to find any Wizard in plastic that slightly resembles another. I've never seen another Eraser in stores, nor another HPP Evo Wizard from any older runs. Disc golf problems...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-22-2014, 05:08 PM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Salient Disc Test Team
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Blue Ash, OH
Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 16,439
Niced 1,318 Times in 662 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner34 View Post
Sounds promising. Look forward to reviews of premium plastic. Wizards are prized discs to me, but it is TOO hard to find any Wizard in plastic that slightly resembles another. I've never seen another Eraser in stores, nor another HPP Evo Wizard from any older runs. Disc golf problems...
Are you talking about the old blue Wizards that are extremely soft? Softer than most baselines?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-22-2014, 05:19 PM
Sooner34 Sooner34 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Central OK
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 464
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Are you talking about the old blue Wizards that are extremely soft? Softer than most baselines?
No. These have a pretty firm rim. Are usually translucent off white plastic. Can be bent in half like the really great clear Urethane runs Gateway did a few years ago. There is slightly "gritty" texture to the plastic when new, akin to PFN KC Pro. I have only found 2 in my 3.5 years of throwing and buying discs. Seriously an issue...
Reply With Quote
 

  #30  
Old 08-26-2014, 02:48 PM
jswoods1984's Avatar
jswoods1984 jswoods1984 is offline
Salient Disc Test Team
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Washington
Years Playing: 18.4
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 617
Niced 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Finally got a round in with my Touch yesterday! I was able to get some really nice throws with it off the tee pad as well as some nice putts from outside the circle. This thing was like a dart coming out of my hand on putts. With a good snap I was able to keep it pretty much dead straight at the chains. I also notice a good amount of skip off the drive, and due to the feel, that is probably where I would find the most use for it. I would love to feel this in a gummy liquid plastic! I will also say that most of my putting is with discs that have textured tops (rhyno, tank, 86 softie) so I would love to see Salient try something like that on their next putter (something better than the banger gt)... Overall though, my preferences aside, I think this will be a great putter for the Aviar/Wizard/Ion users out there!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Touch shots Phil Esra Technique & Strategy 50 11-01-2015 02:59 PM
Salient Cam Todd Signature Putter KRATC Discs 60 08-06-2014 09:43 PM
ipod touch tylersheehy The Flea Market 1 02-06-2012 06:03 PM
8 GIG iPod Touch, NEVER USED! BennettUA The Flea Market 8 03-22-2011 11:14 PM
Touch Discs??? craigd Discs 17 02-12-2009 10:17 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.