Old 01-10-2014, 09:12 AM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskew113 View Post
Started using Judges in June when I wanted a base plastic mold to replace my ions.

The ion was gone after my first round with the Judge. A couple weeks into it I hit my first career ace...with a Judge. I love almost everything about it. The classic/ zero plastic is phenomenal.

I use black max weights for putting. I find the heavies a little more consistent for me vs lighter weights. I have softs for approach shots that need to stick. Softs seem slightly more OS and really sit nicely when they hit the ground. I like softs for throwing but don't get a clean release when putting.

I have yet to try a blend/ medium. I missed the first batch of blacks and no other color will do. I think they would be tremendous during the winter for the added feel. I am keeping my eyes on DD for a restock.

I own both premi plastics in the mold. Fusion came first. Lightweight GBO. Was kinda domey and flew like my beat firm out of the box so it didn't make the bag. I also snagged 2 OKC Open moonshines. It flew good, and the plastic feels fantastic, but I don't really want to throw them because they blend in perfectly with leaves and I don't want to loose one. For my driving putter I want a little more beef, and for that reason I prefer Ions off the tee.

All in all I would be hard pressed to make a putter change. The Judge just fits my putting style too well. Nice glide, low profile, beaded, reliable stability, great plastic, and really everything I want in putting putter.
The GBO fuzion is pretty different compared to the greatness of the dyemax fuzion or the emac ones. They are like the flight of those moonshine air. More OS and great off the tee or for upshots.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2014, 06:21 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 47 Times in 34 Posts

Got my record judge and it's beautiful!
Old 01-10-2014, 10:22 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is the swirly black one the 'record'? Pretty sure I have one I got as a misprint. What's special about 'em? Just unique lookin?
Old 01-10-2014, 11:50 PM
Eagle Member

Yeah it's a dark grey black white swirl combo haha nothing really special about them some people think they are worth more I just think they look nice. It's similar to why people like pearly plastic
Old 01-11-2014, 12:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 217 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzle34 View Post
Yeah it's a dark grey black white swirl combo haha nothing really special about them some people think they are worth more I just think they look nice. It's similar to why people like pearly plastic
I don't think that is technically a record Judge. The record Judges don't have swirls, they literally have rings that make them look like a record.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:18 AM
Eagle Member

Yeah you are correct about the record judges having circles all the way around the disc. I haven't seen a picture of one in quite a while and could just recall them being this color and having swirls in them. So technically mine is not a record judge but still looks dope haha. I mainly bought it as a stark contrast to my others as you can see they are very brightly colored.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:12 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 59
Niced 129 Times in 73 Posts

I saw a better pic of the moonshine ninja brown leave colored judges, not the color I'd choose for my driving putter... I can wait.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:24 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Really the only ones I think considered "record" judges are first run classics. Since then you see some nice gray swirl in the softs and others. Lot of truths and suspects in blend and classic too but they aren't quite the same. I have about three of the first run classic record judges but for me it's about the plastic feel. Those were slightly softer and tackier than you get with production runs even in the same color. All the first run stamps even misprints I prefer they just seem a hair more tacky and soft with no slickness at all to the plastic. Still a judge is a judge and they all rock.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Eagle Member

I find my pink ones to be the most slick (literally almost non slick) my grey to be a little more tacky and my red to be the most tacky. Absolutely love the feel of the judge in soft plastic