Old 07-24-2014, 08:42 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,316 Times in 660 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rol6566 View Post
World Champions that use KC Aviars- Climo (12x,1x) Jenkins, Feldberg...
World Champions that use Wizards- 0
Number of players that Innova sponsors compared to Gateway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Doss, McCabe, Cam T

Ron Russell was a magnet guy and I'm out of Discraft WC's
Didn't Cam win his worlds while with Innova?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2014, 12:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 154 Times in 107 Posts

the aviar wins out for me. key differences:

glide, aviar has more. this is important for giving me more control and consistency on longer putts.

speed, aviar is slower. important for ranging, counteracts the glide by allowing you to miss without missing too badly.

depth, aviar feels deeper. i was confused about this because looking up the specs the wizard is deeper supposedly. important for nose angle in my hands. helps keep it level.

bigger nose. less space between palm and disc for ejection during the release, more finger spring.

aviar suits my style of putting better even though the wiz catches chains better. i putt assertively, not aggressively. the extra glide helps and fits my style like a glove. i feel like as the aviar beats in it will become an even better polecat. that is a day i am excited to see.

wiz has it covered on pure plastic, though. innova can't touch that. simply better on all fronts. wizard may be a clone but it is plenty different enough.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 154 Times in 107 Posts

and speaking of plastic, now that it's cold and fall, i find myself wanting to gravitate back to wizards. the kc plastic gets way too hard in the cold. i had two pole-rejections in one round on sunday. not hard putts at all, not too high, just about half height, dead-center mass perfect putts. i have had 4 in the period when it was getting cold, plus i had a couple slide through the chains on flat putts. now that it's warm they aren't doing it anymore.

anybody else have this experience with the kc aviar? it's disheartening. i don't know that i'll be able to use them this fall/winter. don't really feel like putting with yeti or jk pro.

i might go back to wizards during the cold months, who knows.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 190
Niced 1,588 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
and speaking of plastic, now that it's cold and fall, i find myself wanting to gravitate back to wizards. the kc plastic gets way too hard in the cold. i had two pole-rejections in one round on sunday. not hard putts at all, not too high, just about half height, dead-center mass perfect putts. i have had 4 in the period when it was getting cold, plus i had a couple slide through the chains on flat putts. now that it's warm they aren't doing it anymore.

anybody else have this experience with the kc aviar? it's disheartening. i don't know that i'll be able to use them this fall/winter. don't really feel like putting with yeti or jk pro.

i might go back to wizards during the cold months, who knows.
yeah kc aviars feel like hollow toys.

and they suck in winter. back when i threw them i threw jk aviar in winter. it firms up to pretty close to kcp aviar in winter while keeping its grip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
the aviar wins out for me. key differences:

glide, aviar has more. this is important for giving me more control and consistency on longer putts.

speed, aviar is slower. important for ranging, counteracts the glide by allowing you to miss without missing too badly.

depth, aviar feels deeper. i was confused about this because looking up the specs the wizard is deeper supposedly. important for nose angle in my hands. helps keep it level.

bigger nose. less space between palm and disc for ejection during the release, more finger spring.

aviar suits my style of putting better even though the wiz catches chains better. i putt assertively, not aggressively. the extra glide helps and fits my style like a glove. i feel like as the aviar beats in it will become an even better polecat. that is a day i am excited to see.

wiz has it covered on pure plastic, though. innova can't touch that. simply better on all fronts. wizard may be a clone but it is plenty different enough.

and this is a great post