Old 06-27-2022, 09:11 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 81 Times in 55 Posts
Default Though Space Athletics Discs?

Hey everyone, just wondering if any of you have any good reviews to share about any of the TSA discs? Specifically the FW's: Mantra, Votum and Animus. They all look intriguing, but don't see any info on here. Just a few reviews over on Infinite Discs.

The Votum looks like a possible Discmania Instinct or Teebird/Teebird3? Straight to fade, long, easy to throw FW.

Mantra looks like a long glidey hyzer flip or turnover FW like a Falk, Lift, or Insanity?

And the Animus looks like a slightly less O/S PD? Control driver with an easy to hold rim, doesn't flip over in head wind, but always has a forward finishing fade?

Any reviews or thoughts on these is appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2022, 11:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,875 Times in 1,569 Posts

I have all of the TSA discs in all plastics (exept the new Mantra that comes in next week.

I think there is quite a few reviews out on Youtube,
But a few fast takes from me. . .
First the TSA disc are very well made, i sand of flashing on 90% of my discs, ,but the TSA is smooth out of the box.

Votum replaced the Undertaker for me and they feel close in flight and feel
Animus is a strange speed, feels more like a fast fairway, a faster flat PD . . but i do use the OMEN more, Animus is kind of hard to find a spot for, , i use it as a fast FH fairway.
Mantra is a really nice US fairway, to me it close to my flatter Avenger SS

Mantra, Votum, Omen is a really nice Fairway setup. . the Animus is faster and a bit less stable than the Omen but not sure i need both
Old 06-27-2022, 12:31 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 81 Times in 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I have all of the TSA discs in all plastics (exept the new Mantra that comes in next week.

First the TSA disc are very well made, i sand of flashing on 90% of my discs, ,but the TSA is smooth out of the box.

Animus is a strange speed, feels more like a fast fairway, a faster flat PD . . but i do use the OMEN more, Animus is kind of hard to find a spot for, , i use it as a fast FH fairway.

Mantra, Votum, Omen is a really nice Fairway setup. . the Animus is faster and a bit less stable than the Omen but not sure i need both
Hmmmm, thank you for that info. But I don't know any of those discs you mentioned or how they fly. So that doesn't help much (not your fault though, as those are the discs you know).

I'm really interested in the Animus, as it seems like a slightly less O/S PD? Speed 10, but without a huge rim. Won't turn over right into a headwind, is one of your longer discs, easy to control and get good D, but not a full on Max D driver. And then has just a little less fade than a PD? I'd much rather bag a disc like that, then something like the Omen/Firebird. Those are too O/S and I get about as much distance as a mid range from them, but with way too much fade and no glide. I'm constantly taking my FB's and discs like that out my bag, to put the PD in. It's much more useful for me. So the Omen isn't something I'm looking to get.

But the Mantra, Votum and Animus are all intriguing. Hopefully more info comes in with discs I know to compare them. And how they fly in the different plastics.

Thanks for your help
Old 06-27-2022, 01:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Old 06-27-2022, 01:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,157 Times in 1,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWookie View Post

I'm really interested in the Animus, as it seems like a slightly less O/S PD? Speed 10, but without a huge rim. Won't turn over right into a headwind, is one of your longer discs, easy to control and get good D, but not a full on Max D driver. And then has just a little less fade than a PD?
Better get ya one of those, sounds like a magic disc. 10 speeds by definition do not have huge rims.
Old 06-27-2022, 01:51 PM

Years Playing: 1.9
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:

Can you please provide some more details on Omens, especially any stability differences between plastics? I lost my favorite Firebird last week and am considering an Omen as a replacement. But I can’t quite tell how overstable they are from the couple youtube reviews I’ve seen.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekuscrub View Post
Can you please provide some more details on Omens, especially any stability differences between plastics? I lost my favorite Firebird last week and am considering an Omen as a replacement. But I can’t quite tell how overstable they are from the couple youtube reviews I’ve seen.
I think i can Use Omen, Firebird or Raptors and not see much difference in the flight, , But i Do feel like the handfeel of the Omen beats the other two.

Ethos is like a "better grip" champ, more like a Luster from innova. .
Aura is Star, but a hair stiffer.
Ethereal is a gripy slightly softer Aura- - it΄s basicly the MVP Plasma.

All mine are new and very OS. .but i do think the Ethos is the most stable and will hold that OS for a long time.

The Ethos Omen in my bag is as stable as my Sexton Firebirds. . more stable than a stock Raptor but not as OS as the Cap Raptors.
A FH dominant player that uses Sexton Firebirds tested my OMEN . . and he said, "same type of flight, better feel in the hand" . . and that seems to be the reactions i get.
Old 06-28-2022, 11:15 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 42
Niced 910 Times in 317 Posts

Best hot stamps I've ever seen but I have yet to throw one.
Old 06-28-2022, 09:29 PM

Years Playing: 1.9
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
I think i can Use Omen, Firebird or Raptors and not see much difference in the flight, , But i Do feel like the handfeel of the Omen beats the other two.

Ethos is like a "better grip" champ, more like a Luster from innova. .
Aura is Star, but a hair stiffer.
Ethereal is a gripy slightly softer Aura- - it΄s basicly the MVP Plasma.

All mine are new and very OS. .but i do think the Ethos is the most stable and will hold that OS for a long time.

The Ethos Omen in my bag is as stable as my Sexton Firebirds. . more stable than a stock Raptor but not as OS as the Cap Raptors.
A FH dominant player that uses Sexton Firebirds tested my OMEN . . and he said, "same type of flight, better feel in the hand" . . and that seems to be the reactions i get.
Thank you very much for the comprehensive overview! It sounds like I should try out an Aura or Ethereal Omen.

Old Yesterday, 01:51 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 26 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbot View Post
Best hot stamps I've ever seen but I have yet to throw one.
yeah, kinda seems like theyre for the player that really wants cool stamps. outside of that, the ones ive used aren'y bad but don't really make me want to switch to their molds