Old 06-25-2018, 01:17 PM

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Non-concrete pad companies

Hey guys,
My church built and operates a community center in Tallahassee, Florida, and one of our immediate plans is to install a disc golf course around the facility and recreation fields. We have a lot of woods surrounding, and a great course layout planned.

We established early on we did not want traditional concrete pads, and have done research into viable alternatives.

I've looked into these two companies for their pad setups and materials:

http://theteeboxco.com/
https://www.discgolfpark.com/

I've reached out to both for quotes and have received no responses after a few weeks, which makes me think ordering from them or working with them will likely be a pain if they take this long to respond to a quote request.

Does anyone have experience with a pad company, or have suggestions for other options we might pursue?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2018, 02:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 94
Niced 686 Times in 346 Posts

Check with schools in your area to see if they have replaced turf fields recently. The stuff they use for field hockey is best.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-25-2018, 02:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 235
Niced 50 Times in 30 Posts

Sent you a PM and looking in to the non-response from DiscGolfPark!

Old 06-25-2018, 03:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 91
Niced 66 Times in 46 Posts

Horse stall mats work good. Or I see astroturf for free/cheap on craigslist a bunch. Concrete paver are another great alternative to pouring solid concrete pads. They are also movable with a little work.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:00 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey everyone, I did receive a response from Avery at DiscGolfPark. As it turns out, my office's new phone system prevented his voicemails from reaching me. So my bad! Thanks for the other options recommended. I'll definitely be looking into those as well.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-05-2018, 11:05 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm curious as to the advantages of DiscGolfPark tees over artificial turf that I may find at a turf specialty warehouse.
I have also been waiting on a response from DiscGolfPark, and am encouraged by Dana's participation in this thread.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:21 AM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainway View Post
I'm curious as to the advantages of DiscGolfPark tees over artificial turf that I may find at a turf specialty warehouse.
I have also been waiting on a response from DiscGolfPark, and am encouraged by Dana's participation in this thread.
I was told by Avery the DiscGolfPark TeePads are designed to last longer based on the way disc golfers step through their drives. In other words, you've got the run up and then the turn/twist at the end, which may cause premature wear on regular artificial turf.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 235
Niced 50 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainway View Post
There are lots of different types and styles of turf out there. We've narrowed all those choices down to what we believe is a high performing, fairly priced option. Proper pile height and yarn face weight are important to consider.

I can look in to see who is supposed to contact you, did you submit a request via discgolfpark.com?
Old 07-07-2018, 12:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 162
Niced 93 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
There are lots of different types and styles of turf out there. We've narrowed all those choices down to what we believe is a high performing, fairly priced option. Proper pile height and yarn face weight are important to consider.

I can look in to see who is supposed to contact you, did you submit a request via discgolfpark.com?
This takes me back to my days as a carpet salesmen. "The Command Performance is by far the best bang for your buck." I'd go on to explain that if you compare the face weight to our other options, you'd see that you couldn't get the same amount of material without paying double. They would usually then ask my advice on color choices and I'd shrug my shoulders and tell them I was only concerned with durability, stain resistance, and value. I was a pretty lousy salesman. Form follows function in my world.

This shouldn't be taken as a critique on Dana. Durability is much more important to someone looking to install dg tee pads than to someone looking to put lipstick on a pig to sell a house.

Old 07-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 115
Niced 181 Times in 88 Posts

Innova sells a package similar to that Tee Box Co. They might even contract directly through Tee Box Co.