Old 08-09-2022, 07:09 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 120 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy42b View Post
I hadn't seen that video, thanks, that was interesting.

You can get clay pigeon throwers that are spring powered. You cock them and release them. A clay weighs about 105 grams and flies about 45 mph, I think the spring powered ones are a bit slower.

What I was picturing, and the stuff guy didn't do, was vary the spin by attaching the disc at different points - back of the disc to around the front. I don't know if that would work, but I've tried throwing a disc gripping the near side, and it comes out with no spin like a wounded duck.
There is a way, I'm not sharing. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy42b View Post
I dug out my machete and cleared some weeds. You're right. I get the same feeling throwing sticks, as I pick up fallen limbs before I mow. And yeah it's hard to transfer that to a disc.

One big difference is grip. I grip a machete like a hammer - the wrist moves in ulnar and radial deviation, never in dorsal or palmar flexion. Hard to hold a disc that way.
It's the body swing I think you want to feel more of and the weight?
I don't 100% get with the machette one, but i can see some things there.

And hammer wise, I definitely don't swing a hammer with my wrist or my elbow. hahaha.
Well, I do, but I don't.
Sponsored Links