Old 03-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 25.9
Courses Played: 102
Niced 37 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugjitsu View Post
i hate when people get mad if you skip a hole because they wont let you play through...i mean it really pisses me the *&%^ off
YES! This happens all the time and it drives me crazy too. I am normally quite patient but when it gets to be too long and nobody is willing to let you play through it's time to skip to the next hole. Sorry if your pissed, but your 16 person group can eat it.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 84
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoyce View Post
I'm ok with dogs on the course but seriously keep your dog on a leash if there are leash laws at the course. Doesn't matter if you have the "most wonderfully trained dog" or not. It's not about your dog being well trained. It's about respecting the course/park and the other individuals that are there.
I have to disagree with you. This subject has come up so much. If you have dog off the leash running around and not listening that is total different from a dog that is well trained. I have not had one complaint about my dog off the leash since I have had her. Do I have a leash with me, yes, I carry it just in case someone does say something. But until that day comes my dog will be off the leash and right beside me or sitting waiting for me and others to putt and drive.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 15
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENFTS View Post
YES! This happens all the time and it drives me crazy too. I am normally quite patient but when it gets to be too long and nobody is willing to let you play through it's time to skip to the next hole. Sorry if your pissed, but your 16 person group can eat it.
!!!!! YES !!!!! I was in a 3 person group and we were right behind a group of 6-7 people all throwing MULTIPLE discs and they refused to let us play through.....so we SKIPPED....nothing but the stink eye the entire time we walked to the next hole.

As for dogs I am fine with them as long as they are some what trained and the owner doesn't let the dog scat on the fairway, if you are in the rough you should watch where you are walking.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 58
Niced 257 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirMcNair View Post
I have to disagree with you. This subject has come up so much. If you have dog off the leash running around and not listening that is total different from a dog that is well trained. I have not had one complaint about my dog off the leash since I have had her. Do I have a leash with me, yes, I carry it just in case someone does say something. But until that day comes my dog will be off the leash and right beside me or sitting waiting for me and others to putt and drive.
I agree. There is a BIG dif between a trained dog and an untrained dog on the course. However, under normal circumstances, nobody has to bring their dog with them in order to play a round of disc golf. The exception is if you are on a road trip during the summer and can't leave him/her in your vehicle. Like Martin Dew for example, but I have no problem with trained and well behaved dogs. Unless you are allergic, it shouldn't bother you.... IMO.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 19
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

on the topic of getting thrown on.... i had a guy tee off first in my group then demand i follow suit and throw on the group in front of us because they were taking a while on the hole. this was during weekly singles.

i declined
Old 03-14-2012, 09:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 1369
Niced 804 Times in 282 Posts

Quote:
I'm passionate and have a lot to say on the subject, but it mostly boils down to this^. Forest will remain off leash on about 90% of courses, and will continue to come with me to the course as long as he is able.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 40
Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_rider View Post
I dig ska, don't get it twisted, but I just don't feel the need for everyone else to listen to what I like. That would be vain and inconsiderate. Plus, no one's impressed by the music you use to attempt to identify yourself. So you're a skanker, good for you! Now, keep it to yourself....
If you cant handle parking lot tunes, then id strongly suggest staying away from my home course.
Should i turn my music down to.listen to the other crap thats playing???
Old 03-14-2012, 11:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 47
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Both our dogs had a great time the other day off the lease My puppy is not as well trained but we are getting there for sure!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:15 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 32
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergdawg View Post
We'll know when you start handing them out because they will be littered all over the course.
Instead of bitching I am going to try and do something about it. That and I can't convince the town right now to let us put up a rules/guidelines sign at the course.

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

Old 03-15-2012, 01:22 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 104
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugjitsu View Post
i hate when people get mad if you skip a hole because they wont let you play through...i mean it really pisses me the *&%^ off
This is exactly what I was referring to with my rant about the unemployed massive groups that clog the course at sundown. Not only they WILL NOT let you play through unless you awkwardly ask them, but they also get mad even if you just skip em.

That being said, I was at LaMa recently and it was fairly un-busy especially for the front course, and this massive group of 8 skipped 9 & 10 (and us in the process). We arrived at the tee for 11 at the same time and I told them about 9 & 10. They laughed and started throwing. 2 of us, 8 of them. The same guys who get their panties in a wad when they are skipped are apperantly entitled to hop around the course at their leisure. I'm not one to cause trouble though so we just went to the back course.

The biggest problem with disc golf is the douchebags it attracts. Been avoiding the course ever since.

Last edited by Danger; 03-15-2012 at 01:26 AM.