Old 12-22-2019, 04:58 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 413
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 303 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
Looking for a less stable counter part to my z undertaker. Which plastic is slightly less stable than a z undertaker? I'm thinking pro-d,x and jb will be way too understable for what I'm looking for. Perhaps z flx or big z?
The Z flx feels awesome. I picked one of these up a month or two ago. Definitely less OS than TI, IMO, but I've only thrown it a handful of times because I live in WI and winter hasn't been playing nice this year.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2019, 09:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 193
Niced 717 Times in 467 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
Looking for a less stable counter part to my z undertaker. Which plastic is slightly less stable than a z undertaker? I'm thinking pro-d,x and jb will be way too understable for what I'm looking for. Perhaps z flx or big z?
Quote:
Originally Posted by armiller View Post
Maybe ESP? The new ESP plastic is very nice, and the ESP definitely has more turn.
I got a 167-169g ESP Undertaker in a recent misprint pack. It's pretty and I've been using it alongside a max weight Z Undertaker. It's not flippy by any stretch, but I like it a lot. Again, Discraft's recent ESP has a great feel and is attractive to boot.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:59 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 28
Niced 45 Times in 33 Posts

I’ve added 3 Discraft discs to my bag in 2019. I know they’re not new, and I’m maybe late to the party, but the Zone and Buzzz have both had a great impact to my game this year. And my first run Anax has become my favorite driver. Love the ESP plastic.

Niced: (2)
Old 01-02-2020, 01:13 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 44 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej View Post
I’ve added 3 Discraft discs to my bag in 2019. I know they’re not new, and I’m maybe late to the party, but the Zone and Buzzz have both had a great impact to my game this year. And my first run Anax has become my favorite driver. Love the ESP plastic.
Try an avenger SS. They are pretty damn decent understable fairway drivers.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-02-2020, 11:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 32
Niced 669 Times in 406 Posts

I like how the new runs of Luna have a nice & clean appearance to the plastic where the earlier runs had inconsistent appearances. Like most o f the plastic would be grey with a smudge of pink or yellow on the top.

Jawbreaker is like this a lot. It's hard to for me to find a Jawbreaker Roach that has a consistent appearance. I really hope that DC can dial this in & fix it so it's not so random swirly/smudgy & look more even across the disc.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:59 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.4
Courses Played: 2
Niced 27 Times in 21 Posts

Do you any of you guys run a full Discraft bag? I was thinking about moving from a mixed bag of MVP/Innova/Discraft. I seem to throw all the Discraft molds more consistently than other brands so the switch would most likely improve my game.

Old 01-09-2020, 09:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,204 Times in 610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayph1n View Post
Do you any of you guys run a full Discraft bag? I was thinking about moving from a mixed bag of MVP/Innova/Discraft. I seem to throw all the Discraft molds more consistently than other brands so the switch would most likely improve my game.
I throw all Discraft/DGA, I'm sure a few other people do.

Every company has a pretty complete lineup where you're not going to find a hole in your bag. Throw what you want and what works. If you really have only been playing a few months then simplifying to a single lineup isn't a bad idea.

Old 01-09-2020, 10:50 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.4
Courses Played: 2
Niced 27 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
I throw all Discraft/DGA, I'm sure a few other people do.

Every company has a pretty complete lineup where you're not going to find a hole in your bag. Throw what you want and what works. If you really have only been playing a few months then simplifying to a single lineup isn't a bad idea.
Yeah, I started in September and have only played 10 rounds with a couple days of field work before it got cold.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,208 Times in 658 Posts

Quote:
Do you any of you guys run a full Discraft bag?
I'm all Discraft/DGA. Started with the love of the Buzzz, and grew from my mids out. Liked knowing what to expect in a year's run, so my mids could all be the exact blend. Rigidity, grip, etc.

Don't know if it will help your game, but if you're semi OCD like me, the congruency gives me a warm comforting feeling everytime I rifle through my bag.

Niced: (2)

Old 01-09-2020, 03:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 87
Niced 147 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
I throw all discraft but a wizard.

Anax- overstable/ straight with fade
Punisher- S-Curves
Crank- Understable, max distance
Comet- comet shots
Buzzz- hyzers with little fade or longer comet shots
Wasp- Overstable mid
Zone- Overstable approach disc.

The zone goes in and out between a Scale depending on the course and how I'm feeling.