Old 01-26-2016, 02:31 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default Easy Way to Nose Down Grip

I posted a text explanation of how I get a nose down grip a year ago, but this video I made is new, so rather than bury it in an old post I'll put it here. You can feel the difference of this grip in seconds. I hope this helps someone as much as it helped my drive a year ago.

Sponsored Links

Last edited by timg; 01-26-2016 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:15 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 14
Niced 4 Times in 2 Posts

I actually like this. get the disc on that locked and loaded position and it doesnt slip out. i could see people using this technique tho and turning their disc more than they want until they get it dialed in. im gonna try this on the course today when i want to throw a backhand with less hyzer and more distance.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:07 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 19.7
Courses Played: 97
Niced 10 Times in 3 Posts

Hey TBFG, thanks for the re-post. I read that original thread, and have been locking my grip in this way every since. Gives me a consistent grip no matter the driver, and has just become part of my routine.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:19 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks for the video, tried this yesterday and will definitely be making this a part of my routine as before I didn't really have a defined way to go about establishing my grip. I used to just grip and adjust until it felt comfortable but this method actually slants and sets my fingers a bit differently but it definitely feels better.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 28
Niced 387 Times in 218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestZest View Post
Hey TBFG, thanks for the re-post. I read that original thread, and have been locking my grip in this way every since. Gives me a consistent grip no matter the driver, and has just become part of my routine.
Ditto
Old 02-16-2016, 05:59 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

what do you guys do on wider rim drivers? I find using this method for say a boss that my index finder catches the inner edge of the wing at the last knuckle. I have been using this grip and then loosening my pinky a bit and getting the index in a bit more.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:35 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 2
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamkiller View Post
what do you guys do on wider rim drivers? I find using this method for say a boss that my index finder catches the inner edge of the wing at the last knuckle. I have been using this grip and then loosening my pinky a bit and getting the index in a bit more.
I'm stubborn. When I'm throwing a wider rim disc, like my Nuke SS, I use this same method to achieve the grip, I just cram my fingers in there as far as I can. I have to focus more on keeping my fingers tight under there so the disc doesn't slip out early, but it usually works. You have to be doubly careful to keep your fingertips and the disc dry to avoid slippage. Not everyone is comfortable with a really wide rim. I'm nervous because I just ordered a Salient Discs Prometheus, which has one of, if not the widest rim of any disc out there. May have been $ down the drain, but I couldn't resist the supposed flight of the thing.