Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Selah tourneys are cursed haha jk. Hoping for good weather at the next AWD
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Par Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ya that would be nice wouldn't it?!?!? I have only been able to play one round at Selah with good weather and it was still in the low 40s with terrible wind but no rain lol
Old 11-22-2013, 02:03 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 66
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wish more TX land owners would go the way of Selah and Trey Deuce...there is so much good land in East Texas it's ridiculous...big pines. Think Dogwood at Lindsey Park but even better (possibilities).
Old 11-22-2013, 04:38 PM
Par Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ya if only more land owners would realize the growth of this sport and get in on the "ground level" of truly great TX courses. Selah is doing it right and I cannot wait to see the Trey Deuce course/s
Old 11-23-2013, 10:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 330
Niced 3,042 Times in 1,421 Posts

Looks like the courses John designed in Mt. Vernon, TX are open... they've been listed:
Trey Texas Ranch - Texas Twist
Trey Texas Ranch - Trey Deuce
Old 11-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Par Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Worst tournament I have ever played in.. Formats getting changed up on the fly without any prior notice. People who lost all of their matches somehow get to play in for the last spot for the finals. From what I heard from people that have played TTC before this was the worst year and many people will likely not be playing this event again....Including me
Old 11-25-2013, 11:07 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 46
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txeagle View Post
Worst tournament I have ever played in.. Formats getting changed up on the fly without any prior notice. People who lost all of their matches somehow get to play in for the last spot for the finals. From what I heard from people that have played TTC before this was the worst year and many people will likely not be playing this event again....Including me
agreed, agreed, agreed and agreed. i go 4-0 just to play against teams that went 0-4 or 0-2-2 or some other crappy combo.

we stayed up till midnight for info for sunday to be shared or posted. then we A. didn't have to even play our last rounds since we were automatically in the top 8 (no one told us that). and B. didn't even start till around 8:15, not 7:15.

Saturday was even worse. Why are we playing at one place, then driving across town to the next then finishing at another course. 1 day, one place, the next day the next place. So much driving and wasted time back and forth just to finish 4 holes in complete darkness. On top of playing longs? why? whats the point? for speed of play alone everyone should have been playing shorts everywhere. there is so much more, but I'm done typing. first and last teams for me.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:12 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I had a blast this weekend, Texas Twist needs some love for sure though
Old 11-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 26
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emook View Post
agreed, agreed, agreed and agreed. i go 4-0 just to play against teams that went 0-4 or 0-2-2 or some other crappy combo.

we stayed up till midnight for info for sunday to be shared or posted. then we A. didn't have to even play our last rounds since we were automatically in the top 8 (no one told us that). and B. didn't even start till around 8:15, not 7:15.

Saturday was even worse. Why are we playing at one place, then driving across town to the next then finishing at another course. 1 day, one place, the next day the next place. So much driving and wasted time back and forth just to finish 4 holes in complete darkness. On top of playing longs? why? whats the point? for speed of play alone everyone should have been playing shorts everywhere. there is so much more, but I'm done typing. first and last teams for me.
its almost funny to think about this experience now. Its so stupid and poorly run its comical. I've been to two Texas Teams, and wont be playing anymore.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 46
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullyBull View Post
its almost funny to think about this experience now. Its so stupid and poorly run its comical. I've been to two Texas Teams, and wont be playing anymore.
we did make the most of it though. but strictly from the view of the tournament itself. it was a train wreck.