Old 12-31-2013, 08:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, I'm going to have to say that the holes on the bottom are not their fault. I have the same exact bag, and I have had zero problems. I actually have no complaints other that the useless mini pocket. I'm not sure why, but it seems like people have unrealistic expectations about disc golf bag warranties. Some companies will cover shipping both ways, but they are generally muti-billion dollar companies, not a disc golf bag start up.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2013, 09:04 PM
*Reform School Scholar*

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzle34 View Post
Thank you all for your input. I understand many of you do not see where I am coming from and that is fine. This situation is happening to me and I feel the way I feel whether that adheres to the warranty is irrelevant. I am an unhappy customer and that is all there is to say. I hope you all have a very happy new year.
When I said u were bitching. This is what I was talking about
Old 12-31-2013, 09:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 39
Niced 554 Times in 273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan037 View Post
The only thing I will say on this is the bottom of that bag is 1050D Ballistic nylon, some of the toughest material you can make a bag out of. you are the first that has brought up an issue like this. the straps on the other hand is a different story
Hmmm. Well, there's me too.

Although Kilgus had stated the assembly plant (in the USA, btw) had made mistakes when contracting the mini pocket, and misplaced the sternum straps much higher than his design, he shipped them out anyway.

So after about 4-5 rounds I hired a seamstress to fix the mini pocket (add 1" elastic ribbon above) and the sternum straps (moved 3" down). She also fixed a tear in the bottom of the bag caused by a folded piece of fabric which should not be folded. Upon examination, the fold begins from about the middle of the back edge (touching the wearer's back) around both of the back feet. If the OP has the same issue, I can see why the area around the feet tore -- though frankly, I don't understand why the hole is round.

In summary, the Contender I bag was shipped with two known manufacturing defects, and there are *at least* two reports on this forum of problems with the bottom of the bag.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:51 PM
**SuIciDe AnKles**

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 568
Niced 764 Times in 328 Posts

Quote:
Thank you all for your input. I understand many of you do not see where I am coming from and that is fine. This situation is happening to me and I feel the way I feel whether that adheres to the warranty is irrelevant. I am an unhappy customer and that is all there is to say. I hope you all have a very happy new year.
Yeah, so you are now saying that you're just unhappy and it's not a defect? I politely take back what I said earlier and apologize to VoR.

With that said, Salient is quickly sliding into the abyss as far as quality/PR/Customer Relations goes. What a mess.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:10 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 93 Times in 59 Posts

How is this so confusing? The bag is ****ed up. I am unhappy.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:11 PM
Eagle Member

Obviously two holes in the bottom of my bag and the shoulder straps ripping off is a defect.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 31
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Obviously two holes in the bottom of my bag and the shoulder straps ripping off is a defect.
The shoulder straps, yes. But they're taking care of it for you.

The bottom of the bag, why? They're near the feet, but so what?
Old 12-31-2013, 11:21 PM
Eagle Member

Again you have never seen MY bag you have never seen how I treat my bag. I am telling you the feet have caused the hole. I think I know better than any of you. Who the hell are you to tell me what is wrong with my bag?
Old 12-31-2013, 11:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 37
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Again you have never seen MY bag you have never seen how I treat my bag. I am telling you the feet have caused the hole. I think I know better than any of you. Who the hell are you to tell me what is wrong with my bag?
I don't see how the feet caused the hole. It's not like the feet jumped off the bag and started digging a hole. I could see the argument of having rubber feet and not having rails possibly as a factor as far as not actually keeping the bag off the ground but the way you're talking makes no sense. Glad we started another Salient pissing match though, kudos to all involved.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:40 PM
Eagle Member

The feet have square edges. The bottom of the bag is not rigid. The feet have rubbed holes in the bottom of the bag from movement. That's how feet put a hole in the bottom of the bag.
Closed Thread